sharetrader
Page 651 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 15155160164164764864965065165265365465566170175111511651 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 23755
    Investor

Bots, algos whatever it may be, basically the big boys are playing a higher stakes game among themselves while shorters are running for cover. Happy to watch the fun from sidelines....

Have not seen such low level of short position in a long time (2.14% as of Friday).

Did resist the urge to sell any portion of my holdings on this one. Just logged out from online trading account while price is getting crazy or else temptation is too much to push the sell button.
    Sure it'll have bad days with big price drops in the short term, however what I've noticed is that drops have been half (or less) of gains of previous day.

Happy to ride the wave for now until the ASM next month by which time we'll have singles day (11/11) trading update and who knows what that'll bring to price.

Onwards and upwards....

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The trend is your friend. All you have to do with this stellar growth company is keep an eye on the 30 day MA and don't ever sell unless it breaks down through that indicator. That's my strategy and for what its worth I think that's at least as good as any other one.
    It crossed my mind this morning for about a millisecond to take a little bit of profit because this has now become bigger than SUM of my other investments that I strongly believe in their business case but why fight the trend when its your best friend !
    Beagle best wisdom is your paws get sore swimming against the tide so almost always try and swim with it !
    Slightly off topic sorry but what charts do you use to monitor the 30 day MA and other TAs Mr Beagle? I have been using Yahoo Finance charts but they have changed a bit lately and I dont find them as user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Slightly off topic sorry but what charts do you use to monitor the 30 day MA and other TAs Mr Beagle? I have been using Yahoo Finance charts but they have changed a bit lately and I dont find them as user friendly.
    ANZ securities mate. 30 day MA is the red line and 100 day the black one in the charts menu.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

ANZ securities mate. 30 day MA is the red line and 100 day the black one in the charts menu.
    If it carries on at this rate it will be $9.50 by AGM day and $10.50 by Christmas. Go on Beagle, take a gamble, sell some AIR and buy some a2. You can buy back into AIR later on. I'm going to keep on buying until the cows come home to roost.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Must admit I've finally bought back a2 after selling out at $3. Decided I couldn't take it anymore and I'm happy to lose a bit if it doesn't work out just so I don't keep thinking about what I've missed!

So far up 3% in a couple of hours haha
    Ditto. Don't mind it coming back a bit, just buy more.
    Last edited by see weed; 09-10-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    If it carries on at this rate it will be $9.50 by AGM day and $10.50 by Christmas. Go on Beagle, take a gamble, sell some AIR and buy some a2. You can buy back into AIR later on. I'm going to keep on buying until the cows come home to roost.
    LOL mate thanks for the encouragement but I enjoy a well diversified portfolio with no share having a position of more than 10% of my portfolio and I have no plans to change that strategy going forward.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-10-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

https://nzx.com/companies/ATM/announcements/308424

Nice to see Michael Bracka - Head of Business Dev - Emerging Markets buying on market...albeit a small parcel of 17,000 shares.

Big vote of confidence...

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    https://nzx.com/companies/ATM/announcements/308424

Nice to see Michael Bracka - Head of Business Dev - Emerging Markets buying on market...albeit a small parcel of 17,000 shares.

Big vote of confidence...
    17,000 shares these days not such a small parcel anymore. That's at today's SP more than $125k! Quite a significant parcel in my books - I guess he is not a fund manager, isn't he?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Outside thinking.

LOL mate .... but I enjoy a well diversified portfolio with no share having a position of more than 10% of my portfolio and I have no plans to change that strategy going forward.
    Interesting to debate Diversification.

Warren Buffett is quoted as saying, “Diversification is protection against ignorance - it makes little sense if you know what you are doing.”

In my case, from 2013 to present, ATM grew from 20% to over 60% of my portfolio and I was happy with that. Overall my total portfolio benefitted greatly from my not being too diversified (i.e. biased to ATM) While ATM has grown by over 1200% in that time, as a result my TOTAL portfolio has averaged 108% pa growth from 2013 to present, (i.e. non-taxable unrealized capital gain.)

I wonder if I would have achieved this result if I had stayed fully diversified with no stock counting for more than 10% of my portfolio?

A good place to debate investment strategies is the investment strategies section of this forum.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkshire_Hathaway - Looks extremely well diversified to me.