sharetrader
Page 656 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 15655660664665265365465565665765865966066670675611561656 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 23756

I doubled my holding earlier in the week, not a huge holding but it makes me smile

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Is anyone else on Sharetrader still buying a2 shares? or am I the only one left buying at this higher price? And if you are still buying, why are you still buying at this higher price?
    See Weed, I suspect you are 'averaging up' with your average holding price still well below current levels?

Averaging up makes a lot of sense and is a great way to increase your holding and means you are less exposed to the current 'highs.'

Buying at today's prices without the advantage of averaging up is more risky as the ATM price gets higher.

(Disc; ATM is over 50% of my portfolio, so I am busy 'averaging up' elsewhere and spreading the love to other companies like XRO and PPH)
    Last edited by Leftfield; 14-10-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    See Weed, I suspect you are 'averaging up' with your average holding price still well below current levels?

Averaging up makes a lot of sense and is a great way to increase your holding and means you are less exposed to the current 'highs.'

Buying at today's prices without the advantage of averaging up is more risky as the ATM price gets higher.

(Disc; ATM is over 50% of my portfolio, so I am busy 'averaging up' elsewhere and spreading the love to other companies like XRO and PPH)
    Like your style LF, you picked the movers alright.

https://a2store.com.au/

A2 now have their own store in Australia. Very good for margins to sell direct
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

As some (rich) trader once said: “the hardest thing is to be a pig when you are right”.

"Buy the dip".

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

Interesting spin. Purchasing more of a stock that you own at a high price is INCREASING YOUR EXPOSURE no matter which way you look at it.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Interesting spin. Purchasing more of a stock that you own at a high price is INCREASING YOUR EXPOSURE no matter which way you look at it.
    Of course.
    My response was simply to say that there is a vast difference (and risk or exposure) between those buying at todays prices who haven't previously purchased any ATM before, and those 'averaging up'.

Copied from TMF.

The success of A2 Milk and Bellamy’s Australia rides on their catering to niches in the infant formula market, A2 Milk focusing on A2-protein-based products and Bellamy’s on organic formula products.

Nuchev could soon join these two share market stars cornering the goat-milk-based formula niche market. Nuchev sales are currently split evenly between Australian and Chinese markets, with its products already on shelves in Australian retail stores.

Show time in Nov 2017, a2m vs Lion
    1. a2m sues Lion for misleading or deceptive conduct on its labelling.
    2. Lion countersues a2m for misleading and deceptive conduct over claims on benefits of its milk and adverse effects of competitors’ milk.
    An extract from a newspaper.
    Justice Michael Wigney said he felt there was "some scope for scientific debate," noting that "it seems to me to be a mutually self-destructive piece of litigation, in some ways."