sharetrader
Page 665 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 16556561565566166266366466566666766866967571576511651665 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 23755
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I don't know why people worry about paying brokerage so much, it's the cost of doing business, it's like worrying about using petrol giving your hot rod a run.

I agree. It is the same as the masses worrying about Kiwisaver fees as if that is the most important thing in investing..

Being as old as I am I can remember when the norm was 2.5% brokerage. .2% doesn't even register.

Investor

My take for the recent price kick in is due to lower fx rate for NZD caused mainly due to formation of new govt. and the new study re milk intolerance both of these events which incidentally happened over the past weekend.

Another futuristic event is being priced in is the impact of singles day event in Nov or 11/11. All in all makes for an interesting ASM coming up on 21st Nov, wonder where's the venue going to be this time around which is still to be announced.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    My take for the recent price kick in is due to lower fx rate for NZD caused mainly due to formation of new govt. and the new study re milk intolerance both of these events which incidentally happened over the past weekend.

Another futuristic event is being priced in is the impact of singles day event in Nov or 11/11. All in all makes for an interesting ASM coming up on 21st Nov, wonder where's the venue going to be this time around which is still to be announced.
    From memory I think it was Sydney last year. Have been to two Agm's in Auckland 2014 and 2015 and remember asking Mr. Bab. if he will be bringing out a2 chocolate milk. It will sell like hot cakes at an AIR AGM afternoon tea.

Advanced Member

8.50 now, wish it would slow down. Need to buy another 15,000 before it gets to 9dolla. $8.10c new low now?
    Last edited by see weed; 25-10-2017 at 11:00 AM.

risk adjusted fair value is still sitting on $7

The euphoria worries me a little bit though as the stock has been so tightly wound around continued outperformance... don't want any fast action erosion of that 420% return

I'm wary too. seems to be knee-jerk reaction to lower NZD but that can change in a few minutes. (at 0.6900 vs USD, we've already reached strong previous support areas). However, despite the excitement over this stock, I think many people (on here as well as institutions and the general share-buying public), have not got onboard yet, which suggests some room to keep running. I think the level of public awareness is about the same as when XRO was $2-$3...

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    risk adjusted fair value is still sitting on $7

The euphoria worries me a little bit though as the stock has been so tightly wound around continued outperformance... don't want any fast action erosion of that 420% return
    Just do your spreadsheet portfolio valuation including ATM at cost price like I am doing, that sort of creative accounting helps keep you grounded
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I dunno mate, you tell me. Just 38 posts since joining in May 2002 over 15 years ago, its not a crime to share your opinion more frequently
    Not sure if I'm being got at or not here? A whole lot of my posts disappeared ages ago, but no I'm not an avid poster. Mainly because I haven't had much of interest to talk about until now. I prefer my A2 numbers to keep going up rather than my post numbers! And with most topics, I find other many other's opinions far more knowledgeable than mine would have been. Many posters are much appreciated (by myself and others I'm sure) as they provide insight and knowledge of which we may have otherwise been unaware.

To answer then - it might be risky but it's gone from about 18% of my portfolio to 80% and I'll keep running with it for the time being. Many posters have appeared to think that anything over 10-15% is getting risky so I must be in uber-risk territory - but whilst it outshines everything else I'll hold on. The rules say I'm silly - the value says not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted2 View Post
    Not sure if I'm being got at or not here? A whole lot of my posts disappeared ages ago, but no I'm not an avid poster. Mainly because I haven't had much of interest to talk about until now. I prefer my A2 numbers to keep going up rather than my post numbers! And with most topics, I find other many other's opinions far more knowledgeable than mine would have been. Many posters are much appreciated (by myself and others I'm sure) as they provide insight and knowledge of which we may have otherwise been unaware.

To answer then - it might be risky but it's gone from about 18% of my portfolio to 80% and I'll keep running with it for the time being. Many posters have appeared to think that anything over 10-15% is getting risky so I must be in uber-risk territory - but whilst it outshines everything else I'll hold on. The rules say I'm silly - the value says not.
    you not silly mate

what % of your portfolio will atm be when it hots 10 bucks in next month or so?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ted2 View Post

Good on you mate, welcome to the 80% plus club. Just topped up at 8.40 this morning. $9 here we come and $10 by AGM .