sharetrader
Page 687 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 18758763767768368468568668768868969069169773778711871687 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 23755
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    The finger I lost yesterday catching the falling knife has miraculously healed itself Hope your fingers have healed too Couta
    Have stitched a few back on but a couple went out in the waste disposal a bit too early in the arvo to be saved. Hand is still functioning well though.

Well i have had an interesting couple of days.... I have held a responsible parcel of these since 50c days and had bought a few more now a again over the past couple of years. Over last weekend I decided to increase my holding by about 75%. when I buy shares I have a habit of breaking the order in to small parcels and spreading the buying over a few days... its more work but I have always done it that way. I started buying on Tuesday (average $8.75), and continued yesterday ( average $8.01) and today (average $8.15). Overall average is 8.20. Was pretty worried last night.... but I am feeling pretty relieved about how it seems to have panned out.... at this stage.

IMO

89th most shorted stock on the ASX atm.The games will continue in the days ahead .

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    89th most shorted stock on the ASX atm.The games will continue in the days ahead .
    Short volume is at the lowest point in 15 months with A2M - 3.5% as of yesterday.

After today I would expect that some more were squeezed out.

Remember the days of being the most shorted stock on the ASX - dropping 10% at least one day per week

Last edited by hardt; 02-11-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Short volume is at the lowest point in 15 months with A2M - 3.5% as of yesterday.

After today I would expect that some more were squeezed out.

Remember the days of being the most shorted stock on the ASX - dropping 10% at least one day per week

Hey thanks for the post, very interesting. Especially seeing that the shorts increased their position ~500% yesterday, almost 15% of volume!. Some burnt shorts after today's rise for sure, but sentiment counts for everything. NZX investors and traders should imho be aware of the short interest on ASX, it's a factor we don't usually have to consider in our local market. https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=a2m

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I’m holding too and I bought a few more yesterday at $7.57 because they were cheaper than the day before. The story hasn’t changed. Long term it is a winner.
    Thank you to whoever mentioned the book “The Art of Execution” by Lee Freeman–Shor on sharetrader some time ago. Excellent book, excellent advice.
    “The key to successfully executing great ideas and making lots of money comes down to the actions you take AFTER you have invested in an idea and find yourself losing or winning.
    One of the keys to riding a big winner is to avoid being scared out of it. It takes courage to be a pig.
    Materially adapt when you are losing. Either add meaningfully to an existing investment or sell out.”
    Thanks for mentioning this book moka, I have just downloaded it from Amazon, looks very interesting

Investor

Good news ASM in Auckland.

"The meeting will be held at the Grand Millennium Hotel, 71 Mayoral Drive, Auckland, New Zealand on Tuesday, 21 November 2017 commencing at 11:30am (New Zealand time)".

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Why would you short a stock like ATM? I can understand shorting stocks like WYN, IQE and MPG because the companies themselves were not performing and the price was likely to drop.
    But when a stock is performing and is in a strong uptrend like ATM with no bad news on the horizon?

Seems to me the only way traders can make money by shorting ATM is to “engineer” and manipulate the price. The price would not fall so far and so fast of its own accord based on news. There was no news or other logical reason to cause the price to drop as it did on Wednesday.
    So shorting is just a way for the traders to manipulate prices and make more money for themselves by making the market more volatile, so they can day-trade. They are creating their own market within the stockmarket.
    If they are making money that money is coming those who sold on Wednesday because of fear or because their stop loss was triggered.
    Doesn’t sound very fair and transparent to me.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9002...e-market-twice
    FMA chief executive Rob Everett said the market watchdog was pleased with the outcome.
    Market manipulation threatens our core objective of promoting fair, efficient and transparent financial markets.
    "For investors to participate confidently in our markets we need to target and respond to misconduct.

Any idea what this guy was up to?

For the past couple of hours, they've often been undercutting the minimum ask price by a few cents, only placing 1-3 shares at a time.

Is this some psychological tactic to discourage bidders from closing in on the lowest ask price, as it would force smaller bidders to pay somewhat significant brokerage if they cancel?

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Freekin heck I cant keep up with this beast the last few days! Its enough to give a bear palpitations