sharetrader
Page 691 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 19159164168168768868969069169269369469570174179111911691 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,910 of 23755

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Shorters trying their parasitic best to pull the price down, that's what they do and exist for.
    Or it's the current price is inflated by market hype, and this is just merely a correction.
    Plenty of people's estimates of the share's fair value on this thread have been below the current value, so it's a possibility.

Shorts are an essential part of the market, great tool for investors as well.

There is a hugely different reaction to when a bull gets it wrong and when a bear gets it wrong.

Which is why I don't openly state what I am short on, I have been short on A2M as I hold ATM - shorting A2 is often a horrible experience for people.
    Last edited by hardt; 06-11-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Time to take another look at these figures. How much would ATM have to pay if they really wanted to up their contracted A2 herd at well beyond the rate of natural breeding?
    SNOOPY
    Complex issue. As far as Im aware there is almost no "natural breeding", its all artificial methods these days. The industry focues on gathering and storing the Bulls "output". The cows tend to be just receivers of the output. The overall "quality" of the cow with its performance as a breeder, milk producer, herd temperament, Health issues etc all factor into the program. In reality both sets of genetics play a role in the end product being A2 capable or not. So specific DNA patterns coding for the desired a2 expression will need to be found categorized and selectively promoted. Remember those charts we saw in primary school depicting Mendel's (the monk) cross breeding of pea plants and the chances of specific traits being dominant or recessive/latent..

Edit: Some smaller sized cows have large udders and deliver more milk than physically larger cows.. another factor/variable in the equations.
    Last edited by arc; 06-11-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Where opposites meet

While I think all this price action is great fun, I can understand that the late-comers are not so happy.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Any guesses if a Dividend will be announced on the 21st, if so how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    While I think all this price action is great fun, I can understand that the late-comers are not so happy.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Probably not ...everybody seems to be winning ....and happy ...even on the down days
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by thestg View Post
    Any guesses if a Dividend will be announced on the 21st, if so how much?
    5c to 10c would be nice.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    5c to 10c would be nice.
    My pick is make it worthwhile to call it a special, it had to be a minimum of 10c.

That would be an outflow of $72mln in funds. Remember they had $120mln as at end of Jun'17 and we are four months into new FY. As per my post the other day, they would be sitting on close to $165-$170 mln cash on hand as at end Oct'17.

10c special would still leave plenty on table of $100mln to execute their other plans, like share buyback and marketing expenses. If they wish they could do something like 12.5c as special dividend.

Has anyone seen the China study thread on HC?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29070042

Thoughts

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    My pick is make it worthwhile to call it a special, it had to be a minimum of 10c.

That would be an outflow of $72mln in funds. Remember they had $120mln as at end of Jun'17 and we are four months into new FY. As per my post the other day, they would be sitting on close to $165-$170 mln cash on hand as at end Oct'17.

10c special would still leave plenty on table of $100mln to execute their other plans, like share buyback and marketing expenses. If they wish they could do something like 12.5c as special dividend.

A special dividend would indicate that a regular dividend was not going to be paid. Hardly likely in my opinion.