sharetrader
Page 692 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 19259264268268868969069169269369469569670274279211921692 ... LastLast
Results 6,911 to 6,920 of 23755

With such demand growth I think they should just reinvest all money back into meeting existing demand and R&D creating new products and of course marketing...I for one can't see the point of a dividend or a buy-back anymore at this stage.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Clints View Post
    Has anyone seen the China study thread on HC?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29070042

Thoughts
    Perhaps timed for the impending Court Case, but haven't we seen these results before?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ATM would be a boring as anything with the shorters and daytraders to keep the excitement going.
    Personally I like boring. I could not be a trader working in a fast-paced environment. Boring is good, stocks like boring old Ryman in the old days, slowly and steadily increasing in price. Ryman is not boring now though and it went from $9.80 to $8.80 in less than a month. There probably are lots of investors like me who like boring - sitting on your hands watching your shares rise.
    Buying or selling ATM at the moment is more like gambling than investing in my opinion. I don’t like being manipulated and that it is how it feels to me. I don’t like bullies who deliberately do or say things to push my buttons and get a reaction and that is how I see ATM at the moment. Prices are being pushed up and down rapidly – creating fear and confusion.

I don’t mind volatility when there is a battle between the bulls and bears like there is with retirement stocks at the moment, but I don’t like it when the market is manipulated more by traders then genuine buyers and sellers.

Some traders want excitement more than they want money.
    Colin Nicholson -The Aggressive Investor. Invest or trade. Jesse Livermore said he made most of his money sitting on his hands. True but not very exciting. One trader told me he traded in and and out of a share all year. Yet it was in an uptrend the whole year. To make a lot of money all he had to do was buy it and hold it.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Personally I like boring. I could not be a trader working in a fast-paced environment. Boring is good, stocks like boring old Ryman in the old days, slowly and steadily increasing in price. Ryman is not boring now though and it went from $9.80 to $8.80 in less than a month. There probably are lots of investors like me who like boring - sitting on your hands watching your shares rise.
    Buying or selling ATM at the moment is more like gambling than investing in my opinion. I don’t like being manipulated and that it is how it feels to me. I don’t like bullies who deliberately do or say things to push my buttons and get a reaction and that is how I see ATM at the moment. Prices are being pushed up and down rapidly – creating fear and confusion.

I don’t mind volatility when there is a battle between the bulls and bears like there is with retirement stocks at the moment, but I don’t like it when the market is manipulated more by traders then genuine buyers and sellers.

Colin Nicholson -The Aggressive Investor. Invest or trade. Jesse Livermore said he made most of his money sitting on his hands. True but not very exciting. One trader told me he traded in and and out of a share all year. Yet it was in an uptrend the whole year. To make a lot of money all he had to do was buy it and hold it.”
    Boring is good and trading is also good. However dishonest manipulation is not good and that's what occurs with this stock, you have bigger players issuing downgrades at the same time as they are accumulating.
    Last edited by couta1; 07-11-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Personally I like boring.
    I quite like boring as well - but maybe with a bit of excitement mixed in. Got my eye on SUM, ATM and SML but all these seem way to hyped at the moment so happy to sit back and wait for a bit more stability.

Going into ASX100 soon?

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Well said Moka. I dont know which way the sp is going from one minute to the next. Dont know whether to jump on or jump off at the moment SML on a downward slide as well

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Well said Moka. I dont know which way the sp is going from one minute to the next. Dont know whether to jump on or jump off at the moment SML on a downward slide as well
    Stay put and let the insto's play their games, that's how they get cheap shares, dump a good number to take profits, which causes panic selling by smaller fish plus triggers lots of stoplosses on the way down, they can then buy back in cheaper.

Outside thinking.

As ATM bounces around looking for 'support', it will be interesting to see where it settles after the next update due 21 Nov 17.

Here’s the updated summary of ST valuations including Snoopy’s, PT’s and Hardt’s latest…..

Snoopy - $NZ 3.00
    PT - $NZ 4.72
    BP Brokers - $A 5.85
    Left field - $NZ 7.50
    Hardt - $NZ 8.60 to …..$51.58 ( open to interpretation - am I being fair Hardt?)
    sb9 - $NZ 8.25 to $10

In the meantime I expect more volatility.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Stay put and let the insto's play their games, that's how they get cheap shares, dump a good number to take profits, which causes panic selling by smaller fish plus triggers lots of stoplosses on the way down, they can then buy back in cheaper.
    Cheers thanks Couta