sharetrader
Page 756 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 25665670674675275375475575675775875976076680685612561756 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,560 of 23755
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Did you buy in couta? $8.50 was you entry level
    Nah, I was hoping it was going to drift a bit lower, but it's showing good resilience. PS-Spent nearly all my spare cash yesterday anyways.

Outside thinking.

Additional A2 IF milk production inching closer.

Whether this expansion provides additional IF supply for ATM or is future competition, remains to be seen.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Additional A2 IF milk production inching closer.

Whether this expansion provides additional IF supply for ATM or is future competition, remains to be seen.
    Have A2 said anything publicly about this? I would have thought if going to A2 they would also start the process of converting herds etc ahead of time.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Have A2 said anything publicly about this? I would have thought if going to A2 they would also start the process of converting herds etc ahead of time.
    ATM have said nothing publicly that I'm aware of...... however with production still 2 years away, it is early days plus I vaguely recall that in an earlier release, this company said it already had A2 herds ready. My guess is that they will need to work with ATM in some way.

I think it is great that a new NZ milk products company intends to capitalise on the unique marketing advantages that go with licensed A2 products, (and I am presuming they will have to be licensed to ATM), rather than just add to the commodity milk products pool. The market potential for A2 products is HUGE, and only just begun to be realised

As I understand it, sourcing A2 herds is relatively easy in NZ, as purebred Jersey cows have A2 dominant genes, or should I say they lack the A1 gene. Jersey cows are well suited to NZ conditions with long established herds in Waikato and even more in Taranaki. It remains for the cows to be tested and A2 certified, which is a cost, but with significant downstream benefits for the farmer. They have 2 years to gear up for Happy Valley but expect more companies like this to arise.

A pity the big F has sought to oppose the development of A2 at all stages, and I don’t see the blinkered approach changing any time soon, so long as it remains a farmer led co-op.

I seem to remember the patent for A2 milk does run out and I remember thinking at the time that that date was not too far in the future...will have to search the memory banks

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    I seem to remember the patent for A2 milk does run out and I remember thinking at the time that that date was not too far in the future...will have to search the memory banks
    Oops think it may be the patent for identifying a2 cows I was thinking of...the milk one looks it might go to 2036 or something....

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Oops think it may be the patent for identifying a2 cows I was thinking of...the milk one looks it might go to 2036 or something....
    my understanding is that yes its the test to identify an A2 cow that has been patented (or at least one way of doing the test).
    I dont think the A2 milk can be patented because its naturally occurring.
    As per my post https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post687430
    Last edited by peat; 11-02-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Or maybe nine bucks?
    two weeks later we might just get there today. Current bids at $8.98

Edit - there you go. $9.00. Whats all this "Black Monday" fuss all about? Edit edit - sorry menat $9.05. Edit edit edit. My mistake $9.15. I cant keep up!
    Last edited by minimoke; 13-02-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Guru

1 week to wait until HY results. Share price looking solid and interesting to see activity in the run-up to release - and their history of over-delivering.