sharetrader
Page 77 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081871271775771077 ... LastLast

Don't know for sure but their last half year announcement was made on the 27th feb 2013 so expecting something this week.
    At a guess i would say the current share price has already factored this in but we could see some slight upward movement before the announcement.
    Hoping they mention something for the US but not too worried if they don't. Steady as she goes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hilskin View Post
    Don't know for sure but their last half year announcement was made on the 27th feb 2013 so expecting something this week.
    At a guess i would say the current share price has already factored this in but we could see some slight upward movement before the announcement.
    Hoping they mention something for the US but not too worried if they don't. Steady as she goes.
    Perhaps so Hilskin, I've ATM valued at HY14 $1.10, will revise for FY14 later in the week.

I will be very in terested in how baby formula sales are going in China. I am aware of 3 shipments that have left, the 3rd before christmas so would imagine there has been another one which has left or about to leave. Also interested to see where they are at as far as UHT milk in China goes, an agreement to supply and shipments can't be too far away. Quietly confident with this company.

Your guess is as good as mine at this stage turmeric. Hoping for some more information in the financials but could be well hidden.

A can of Stage 1 A2 baby formula is selling for 488 Chinese Yuan at the moment. Quite a mark up so will be interesting to see if mothers in China are buying it.

http://a2nutrition.tmall.com/

488 Chinese Yuan equals

$96.77 NZ Dollars

in Australia it is selling for $32.95 at Coles
    Last edited by hilskin; 24-02-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Money is no object to many wealthy Chinese. In fact, the more things cost the more "status" it has. If parenting is as competitive over there as it has become in the western world, mothers will be rushing to buy "only the best" for their baby. I found when I was in Bejing many brands were marked up well over the retail price that was obtainable in Australia, and that's on brands that are already price gouging here.

On a different note, whilst in Beijing I got to press my nose against the glass of the Bugatti and Pagani show rooms :-)
    That is so true KW, to put it in perspective, its scary to think how many rich people there are in china, just say at 5% of 1.351 billion there are close to 70million rich people, and the 5% mentioned are the filfthy rich Chinese people, at 10% that's 135 million. Not including who knows how many built their wealth from corruption.

Scary to think 70 million is nearly 18 times the population of nz... lol sighs...

but who knows ay, the rich prob has infant powder with gold dust in in huh
    Last edited by baller18; 24-02-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Dilettante

An interesting development that will worth keeping an eye on !
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11209847

Looking good turmeric, only wish if I had a lot more lol

Banned

A fair result and certainly a complex one isn’t it with lots of positive initiatives and developments in all markets now, the more developments the better, though it might take a few days and a bit more head scratching to crunch the numbers on this one.

I would have liked some guidance to have been provided, but can understand the reasons why it would be complex to do so. I’d also like some feedback on how or if they are engaging with the European Food Safety Authority.

It’s good that Geoff has distributed the management a little further also, he’s performed an exceptional job in progressing ATM to where it is today, incredible when you consider the last few years, but it’s becoming a big organisation now. There’s all the potential for this to be one of the biggest New Zealand based multinational in years to come.

Onward and upward with growth in all existing markets and the USA now too.

Dilettante

The report is looking fairly satisfactory at first glance and they seem to be making good progress. Very interesting that they now feel they've done the groundwork (setup) in the UK where sales are improving from a low base and should continue to improve with the new management they have in place there. They are then going to change their groundwork focus to the USA and repeat pretty much what they've done in the UK, setting up a wholly owned subsidiary and recruit local knowhow and expertise.
    A bit disappointing though that shipment of the A2 Platinum infant formula to China and Australia in December was delayed due to ingredient supply shortages !
    Last edited by iceman; 26-02-2014 at 10:48 AM.