sharetrader
Page 828 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 32872877881882482582682782882983083183283887892813281828 ... LastLast
Results 8,271 to 8,280 of 23756
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Would say someone at ASB could be doing something? They may be reading this thread, because the order went through at 12.65c a couple of minutes after last comment.
    That's a real concern seaweed. If you suspect some form of manipulation, surely you should ask ASB to comment or report it further?

Something smells fishy around here. Have 3000 to buy, started at 12.51 and every time I move it up 1c somebody else moves theirs up 1c at exactly the same time. So I moved it up 2c, same thing happened. Would it be ASB playing silly bug...s? Is someone at ASB buying ATM and putting their order above ours every time? If this is happening to me, it could be also happening to you.
    isn't that likely to just be an algo - eg "always be best bid up to $12.70", would trigger such behaviour automatically.. ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    That's a real concern seaweed. If you suspect some form of manipulation, surely you should ask ASB to comment or report it further?
    Don't need to. It's already out there, and every body knows now. Should have left it at original price and would of got them 10c cheaper.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by gbogo View Post
    isn't that likely to just be an algo - eg "always be best bid up to $12.70", would trigger such behaviour automatically.. ?
    Don't know, never heard of algo before.

Advanced Member

Not many buyers this morning. Am at the head of the queue at the moment.
    Well learnt a good lesson yesterday. So today have put my order at the bottom of queue.

Well learnt a good lesson yesterday. So today have put my order at the bottom of queue.
    The SP is like a flippin yoyo. I'd just pick a point and buy then hold.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    The SP is like a flippin yoyo. I'd just pick a point and buy then hold.
    Not sure how some people with an XXXXXXXL holding cope with the yo-yo...day to day emotions must be affected to some modest degree surely ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Not sure how some people with an XXXXXXXL holding cope with the yo-yo...day to day emotions must be affected to some modest degree surely ?
    One reason why they should look at the market prices less often ....only once a week or once a month'

More pleasurable moments that way
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One reason why they should look at the market prices less often ....only once a week or once a month'

More pleasurable moments that way
    Its why I couldnt be a trader. Nerves wouldn't be up for it.

1/8th of my portfolio is the maximum my nerves can stand, was one seventh but the price has come down from the peak. I tried holding a higher allocation and felt uncomfortable so now take solace from the same number of shares in Synlait knowing they'll benefit both from A2's success and from a number of other growth initiatives. It is what it is, some people can handle the stress and good on them and others are better to admit to themselves they're more comfortable hedging their bets with SUM other high growth companies as well and that's okay too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-04-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine