sharetrader
Page 837 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 33773778782783383483583683783883984084184788793713371837 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,370 of 23755

When is MSCI thing happening

Need something to get back over 14 bucks heading towards 15 bucks

Phenomenal performed already priced in I fear so these external factors to give the share price a decent bump.

Been a bit slack the last 2 months or so hasn’t it.
    Last edited by winner69; 04-05-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    When is MSCI thing happening

Need something to get back over 14 bucks heading towards 15 bucks

Phenomenal performed already priced in I fear so these external factors to give the share price a decent bump.

Been a bit slack the last 2 months or so hasn’t it.
    14 May announcement, takes effect 1 June.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    14 May announcement, takes effect 1 June.
    Rumour/speculation or a given

How much of a boost will it give the share price?

Banned

Almost certain IMO, NZ's biggest company will have to take the place of MCY, index funds will have to buy in and the other companies will have to be rebalanced, ie sold down. SP will increase after the announcement, but race day will be June 1st.

MSCI Index inclusion is a given in my opinion. Its hard to answer the latter question but 5 - 20% is my best guess.
    I'm not pulling that 20% out of thin air. Fact is CVT and PPH both went up ~ 20% when they went into the NZX50 so index inclusion can have a serious effect on the SP.
    Also with ATM being NZ's biggest company I would expect a large percentage allocation in the MSCI so we could see really substantial buying.
    A new all time high wouldn't surprise me on 1 June.
    I also think a lot of weak hands sold in the recent high volatility so we're down to the committed holders now
    That said this index change has had a very fulsome discussion in the media and on here and one wonders if some of the potential gain isn't already in the SP.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-05-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Almost certain IMO, NZ's biggest company will have to take the place of MCY, index funds will have to buy in and the other companies will have to be rebalanced, ie sold down. SP will increase after the announcement, but race day will be June 1st.
    So race day share price at least $14 and if I was as bullish/exhuberent as sb9 pretty close to $15

Sounds cool

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

MSCI Index inclusion is a given in my opinion. Its hard to answer the latter question but 5 - 20% is my best guess.
    I'm not pulling that 20% out of thin air. Fact is CVT and PPH both went up ~ 20% when they went into the NZX50 so index inclusion can have a serious effect on the SP.
    Also with ATM being NZ's biggest company I would expect a large percentage allocation in the MSCI so we could see really substantial buying.
    A new all time high wouldn't surprise me on 1 June.
    I also think a lot of weak hands sold in the recent high volatility so we're down to the committed holders now
    Hmm that will create a dilemma, whether to sell if an all time high is reached, or continue to hold what is a stellar stock for the long haul. Given the high volatility of this stock it will be tempting to sell and buy back when the price drops....assuming it will! Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Hmm that will create a dilemma, whether to sell if an all time high is reached, or continue to hold what is a stellar stock for the long haul. Given the high volatility of this stock it will be tempting to sell and buy back when the price drops....assuming it will! Hmmm
    The danger if you sell is the company issuing a sales update later in June, (keep in mind their continuous disclosure requirements) and then you're snookered.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    How would you feel if you out of ATM shares and you read a future announcements from Nestle, something like;

Nestle has secured a mayor new contract to produce a number of products for the A2 milk company in NZ. The board of Nestle is very pleased with entering into this new relationship and we expect this will help us with our growth in the coming years.

Maybe unlikely but who would have thought Fonterra would be a manufacturer for ATM a year ago?
    Last edited by forest; 05-05-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

The danger if you sell is the company issuing a sales update later in June, (keep in mind their continuous disclosure requirements) and then you're snookered.
    I have been snookered before selling a few at $6 what was I thinking! Think I will hold onto what I have and maybe add to them on any weakness