sharetrader
Page 838 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 33873878882883483583683783883984084184284888893813381838 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,380 of 23755
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I have been snookered before selling a few at $6 what was I thinking! Think I will hold onto what I have and maybe add to them on any weakness
    RB - It's highly likely you've just missed the last 'weakness' for awhile.

Anyhow, I struggle to see your problem, if you have still got some ATM at below $6.00 (good on you, and yes, hold on to them) but doubling up at today's prices means your average holding price still would be around $9.00 (or less.) Isn't that a pretty good discount on today's price - with minimum downside risk?

Just my thoughts on a lazy grey saturday and feel free to ignore!!

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    RB - It's highly likely you've just missed the last 'weakness' for awhile.

Anyhow, I struggle to see your problem, if you have still got some ATM at below $6.00 (good on you, and yes, hold on to them) but doubling up at today's prices means your average holding price still would be around $9.00 (or less.) Isn't that a pretty good discount on today's price - with minimum downside risk?

Just my thoughts on a lazy grey saturday and feel free to ignore!!
    Thanks Left field you are spot on

This MCSI thing gives it heaps more exposure eh.

Jeez Xero leaves joins ASX100 and gets 50% more analyst coverage .........and more and more punters / Instos buy and share price is up 27% in just over three months

Maybe ATM will see 30% gain and ver next few months

Share price at $17 odd sounds good

Bring it on
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This MCSI thing gives it heaps more exposure eh.

Jeez Xero leaves joins ASX100 and gets 50% more analyst coverage .........and more and more punters / Instos buy and share price is up 27% in just over three months

Maybe ATM will see 30% gain and ver next few months

Share price at $17 odd sounds good

Bring it on
    Amazing performance for XRO especially considering they're not even making money yet ! This was as high as ~ $14.60 in February 2018 and I for one would not be surprised to see that surpassed.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Would insto's try to preempt this and start buying early??? I guess it would depend on their rules?

Or is just ST's/wider market trying to preempt inclusion, after running up about $1 in the last week??

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Amazing performance for XRO especially considering they're not even making money yet ! This was as high as ~ $14.60 in February 2018 and I for one would not be surprised to see that surpassed.
    Will go much higher than $14.60 ....jeez thats only about 10% away ....and there hasn't been any announcement yet .....or buying ftom instos which will be later in the month

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Would insto's try to preempt this and start buying early??? I guess it would depend on their rules?

Or is just ST's/wider market trying to preempt inclusion, after running up about $1 in the last week??
    If it happens ...and seeing June 1st is the date I doubt that index trackers are buying now

There's been fairly widespread acknowledgement in the NBR that inclusion is the index is highly likely so I think some of the effect has already been priced in. How much ? Who could possibly say with any accuracy ? My speculative thoughts.

Smart money is already buying in. The really smart money bought at around $12.
    Some institutions will buy in after the official announcement of inclusion due on 14 May assuming it happens and before the actual date of effect on 1 June.
    This isn't a case of ATM simply displacing the lowest constituent of the N.Z. stocks presently included in that index. This in my opinion is probably a case of ATM being N.Z. largest company becoming the largest constituent of the stocks in the NZX that are included in the MSCI so all other stocks presently included will get their allocations rerated down as well as the lowest exiting the MSCI.

Because of the size of the allocation in the MSCI I think we will probably see really heavy buying in the match process in the final 15 minutes of trade on 1 June.
    The extent to which N.Z. institutions take advantage of that and lighten their holding is unknown but I remain of the view that this index prospect is an attractive supporting factor between now and 1 June and the company is also performing and growing very strongly so its not like you're placing a bet on a weak position is it !

Disc: My #1 listed position and I will probably add a bit more as funds allow between now and 31 May.
    Disclaimer: Very little about the future is absolutely certain so don't bag me if none of the above happens...DYOR.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-05-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So race day share price at least $14 and if I was as bullish/exhuberent as sb9 pretty close to $15

Sounds cool
    Yes if all going according to plan and if they surpass $1 bln revenue for FY18 with the help of increased supply from Synlait my target price for end of Dec is roughly around $18....pls DYOR.

Came close to topping up this morning at $13.20...really close, couldn't bring myself to do it with the SP up over a dollar in the last week.
    Back to being a possum in the headlights and watching this roller coaster carefully...