sharetrader
Page 90 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990919293941001401905901090 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep I'm used to those Bears same story over at Xro just waiting for winter for those bugger's to go into hibernation mode
    We all* know what happens when we start fighting with bears...eh? (*well some of us pre 2009 old-timers know for sure)
    Whats worse than picking fights with bears though is picking fights with Mr Market using forward projected historic fundamentals as a weapon.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    seeing we in silly mode today
    LOL winner69. If one believes in being "greedy when others are fearful", your image would indicate a brilliant top up opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    LOL winner69. If one believes in being "greedy when others are fearful", your image would indicate a brilliant top up opportunity
    Warren's mate Charlie just popped in to have a look at this thread. Charlie saw that diagram and said its a great representation of one of his favourite phrases “When you are successful you will often find that is because you are competing against idiots, but luckily there is a large supply of them"

Nuff said for now

I wonder if it will affect ATM or whether they can prove their relationship/control with Synlait.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/dairy/10024157/Not-every-formula-brand-will-enter-China-Guy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider68 View Post
    I wonder if it will affect ATM or whether they can prove their relationship/control with Synlait.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/dairy/10024157/Not-every-formula-brand-will-enter-China-Guy
    Welcome to you Ghostrider68,

It’s entirely a storm in a glass of milk in summary.

It's unfortunate that the timing of Synlait's new packaging plant is not a month earlier, but ultimately there is virtually no immediate risk of any effect on ATM as infant formula is not only a very very small percentage of ATM's revenue, http://a2milk.com.au/ but they have told us that they have enough inventories in China with their distributor to ensure continuity of consumer demand during the regulatory process.

ATM and their processor Synlait have the close relationship that the regulators seek, and we may well imagine that they may even have had ATM in mind when they allowed for that ‘close association rule’. The joint quality assurance measures and association with ATM go all the way from individual cow protein testing through to the process output.

High ranking Chinese officials have visited Synlait farms and they also have good contacts and associations with the regulators http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/bus...boosts-Synlait

There are up to 90 brands of infant milk formula exported to China, I don't ultimately anticipate that it is the top tier premium quality brands like platinum with all the quality controls that ATM have that the regulators intend to filter out, it's the smaller almost garage operations with multiple branding that are most likely the concern to both the Chinese and to the reputation of the industry here for that matter.

many regards, Mac

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Question is, how much does ATM and SML have to cough up to grease some hands here? I don't know about you MAC, but I'd be very cautious about trusting Chinese officials; it can definitely go either way and it ain't a sure thing until the fat lady is singing (and sometimes after that it still isn't over!)
    Brilliant, really brilliant .................................the sage voice of wisdom and accrued knowledge , from watching too much tv, reading mad magazine perhaps.........but not from studying the sharemarket!!

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    looks like AMP still selling off market.
    not enough depth on market for them and me thinks they are finding it harder to sell off market as well at current levels.
    actually 75c already break through , 65c will be next support level?

I really like the look of ATM though have learnt in my brief period of investing not to get into a stock like this when there is uncertainty in the market. Would love to just put my long term hat on and buy in but I get the feeling that this is going to continue dropping for a few days yet so will try to get in a bit lower. It seems that if 74c is broken then it's a rapid slide to 65c.

Discl: got burnt buying PEB at an average of $1.40 (keeping the faith in this stock however...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rego55 View Post
    I really like the look of ATM though have learnt in my brief period of investing not to get into a stock like this when there is uncertainty in the market. Would love to just put my long term hat on and buy in but I get the feeling that this is going to continue dropping for a few days yet so will try to get in a bit lower. It seems that if 74c is broken then it's a rapid slide to 65c.
    Only learning to read TA (any experts please feel free to correct me!) but it seems like this has picked up some serious downward momentum. MACD, OBV and DMI all looking terrible although RSI close to oversold. Least of all it has broken 200 day EMA as Snapiti mentioned.

I have learned to steer clear of picking bottoms, awfully dirty past-time.

Disc - never held ATM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Cleanliness is next to Godliness - Open a Laundry by a Church/Mosque/Temple

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Only learning to read TA (any experts please feel free to correct me!) but it seems like this has picked up some serious downward momentum. MACD, OBV and DMI all looking terrible although RSI close to oversold. Least of all it has broken 200 day EMA as Snapiti mentioned.

I have learned to steer clear of picking bottoms, awfully dirty past-time.

Disc - never held ATM.
    Self-progressed expert in all things and debunker of rubbish here.

I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head:
    Definitely doing the flight of an early Wright Brothers attempt.
    Given that MACD, OBV & DMI generally tell you which way the trend is going then no surprises there !
    Remember with RSI it is the turn up out of the oversold level which is supposed to be a signal.
    200EMA - that is just a KW thing !

Here in my part of the world there are little hand held water spray things in toilets to help with that sort of thing.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum