sharetrader
Page 908 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 408808858898904905906907908909910911912918958100814081908 ... LastLast
Results 9,071 to 9,080 of 23755
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    "Who are buying in last week?"

Lots of us little"mumsie and dadsie" buyers maybe. I picked up some on the ASX and will shunt them over here at some point.
    May be a few folks who don't know this and it can be useful at times. You can buy a dual listed stock on the ASX in this case and get your broker to "shunt' it over to the NZX at no cost (for me anyway). If you've got $A you want to use up or occasionally you can buy ATM cheaper there or make use of a dropping $NZ etc.

Well well, what a complete fizzer that turned out to be.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes that is my experience too from watching index resets on the ASX via H/C.

Originally Posted by bull....
    correct , thats why i believe it will be a non event or down as a surprise

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Well well, what a complete fizzer that turned out to be.
    Not exactly, 57 mill shares from 'weak hands' are now into the arguably more 'stable hands' of index funds.

It would also be nice to think that there will be a little less SP volatility now. Business as usual - onwards and upwards!

He said hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Not exactly, 57 mill shares from 'weak hands' are now into the arguably more 'stable hands' of index funds.

It would also be nice to think that there will be a little less SP volatility now. Business as usual - onwards and upwards!

He said hopefully

WOW, Well just on three quarters of a billion dollars combined value traded on both sides of the Tasman suggests the current price is fair value for now so as you suggest hopefully there's lower volatility going forward...time will tell.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Lower volatility and A2 go together like chalk and cheese, shorters will be keen to get in there now for another romp.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Lower volatility and A2 go together like chalk and cheese, shorters will be keen to get in there now for another romp.
    Shorters will appear when stocks appreciate strongly within the short period. There are two schools of thought on shorting. They went terribly wrong in many occasions in the current long bull market. I noticed they succeeded in some stocks over the last 18 months by shorting some stocks. When market players short stocks, intelligent investors will get great opportunity to buy quality companies at great price. For example some stocks dropped nearly 50% after hitting all time high. Global Investors grabbed attractive stocks from their both hands during last two days.

Investors will get some attention on this stock too when they see great value. Until then value investors will wait patiently.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    WOW, Well just on three quarters of a billion dollars combined value traded on both sides of the Tasman suggests the current price is fair value for now so as you suggest hopefully there's lower volatility going forward...time will tell.
    Except many of the buyers had no choice, they were forced to buy. Not so the sellers.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Average Joe would be brave to short in the near term. Remember this past week + has been orchestrated and systematic. That gap was tickled but not filled even with that onslaught so I doubt it ever will. Most shorts would've been covered by closing. I'm picking a nice few weeks meandering and a new announcement before there's enough meat for the next attack. Skulking in the shadows waiting for near or new highs. Too risky otherwise. Will see what the new dawn brings I guess...

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Except many of the buyers had no choice, they were forced to buy. Not so the sellers.
    Forced to buy but scared into selling. Those left standing are certainly not seeing fair value at current price