sharetrader
Page 935 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 435835885925931932933934935936937938939945985103514351935 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,350 of 23753

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    If it hadn't been for this news, you would have got some at the low $11 mark, this stock needs regular news to prop the price up.
    ...regular good news Couts .....not like that ‘bad’ announcement a while ago
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ...regular good news Couts .....not like that ‘bad’ announcement a while ago
    Oh yeah, my bad. PS-We need to hit 920 mill at year end to keep the price where it is now, closer to 900 mill and it will get hammered.PPS-Probably be about 950 mill so no worries aye.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Oh yeah, my bad. PS-We need to hit 920 mill at year end to keep the price where it is now, closer to 900 mill and it will get hammered.PPS-Probably be about 950 mill so no worries aye.
    I'm completely with you, I think people are expecting 920 million at least, anything less and and we will see prices go down. I have calculated based on historical comparisons between quarters they could potentially hit 947 million (basically 950), however I would have expected a trading update by now, and surely the update today would have been a good chance to release a revised forecast if there was one to be had. So going on the lack of updates, I think we are likely to see somewhere between that 900-920 mark, which will maintain the current share price between 10.50-11.50. However there are more macro issues currently developing around the world so potentially we will see downward pressure over the next few months.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 03-07-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Well based on the update 6-7 weeks ago, you have got to be expecting between 900-920M. What are the market rules here? If revenue were to be say 895M or 925M, would ATM need to provide an update?

Advanced Member

I agree. I am expecting just what the company said they would achieve in regards to their turnover. If it would be above that figure I would be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    Well based on the update 6-7 weeks ago, you have got to be expecting between 900-920M. What are the market rules here? If revenue were to be say 895M or 925M, would ATM need to provide an update?
    Yes.

Any known material information must be released immediately to the NZX.

The following information is likely to be Material Information under listing rule 10.1.1:

- a change in the issuers financial forecast or expectation

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    Yes.

Any known material information must be released immediately to the NZX.

The following information is likely to be Material Information under listing rule 10.1.1:

- a change in the issuers financial forecast or expectation

“Material information” means information in relation to an issuer that:

• a reasonable person would expect, if it were generally available to the market, to have a material effect on the price of the issuer’s quoted securities

Then you get into the definition of a reasonable person

I would hazard a guess that in such matters many on here are ‘unreasonable’ if you get the gist of what I’m saying .....like being impatient and almost wanting weekly updates.

One guideline out there about nateriality is if earnings are likely to be 10% to 15% different from guidance / market expectations (consensus forecasts)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

FWIW anything greater than a 10% variance from forecast is generally something that is considered to be "material" but to confuse things one could easily take one of two views regarding the full year forecast of $900 - $920m. Is that 10% variance around the annual forecast, i.e. a variance one way or the other of $90m plus or a 10% variance around the current quarter forecast seeing as we already know what the nine months sales are ? I think its the latter but the strict interpretation of NZX rules could be the former so I think that's all about as clear as mud. We'll all know soon enough late next month.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-07-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Interestingly, I was at a Fonterra presentation yesterday.
    I asked where they sat with the whole A2 milk thing.
    After recently getting their fingers somewhat burnt over the "organic milk" fad they are sitting on their hands being cautious with the A2 fad.
    Currently they believe it is and will remain a niche market. No doubt time will tell.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Interestingly, I was at a Fonterra presentation yesterday.
    I asked where they sat with the whole A2 milk thing.
    After recently getting their fingers somewhat burnt over the "organic milk" fad they are sitting on their hands being cautious with the A2 fad.
    Currently they believe it is and will remain a niche market. No doubt time will tell.
    It would be interesting to know what % of people care.
    I know I don't. I'd drink A2 if it was cheaper than other milk but don't believe there are any health benefits in it for me.
    So I agree with Fonterra that it is a niche market but it isn't a trivial market and one that is probably worth pursuing.