sharetrader
Page 97 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 4787939495969798991001011071471975971097 ... LastLast
    IMO

Re 8 million bought from 5th to 13th june.There is another page there that itemises this.

Nextbigthing ......open up the full notice ...the PDF that comes with it

The details are all in there ....by day/tranasction

The announcement yesterday .....go to the last page
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/195425.pdf

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Ah thanks Winner. That explains that. Cheers

lol, they seem to have cocked it up in terms of consideration for the number of shares purchased each day. NZX Discipline - large fine, public thrashing.....

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me please, as it makes no sense if you look at each individual transaction. For instance:

13 June 2014, Milford purchased 16,000 shares for $2,416,203.45. That equals $151 / share!

Conversely, 10 June 2014, Milford purchased 1,000,000 shares for $25,801.20.

Yet when you add up all the shares listed in the document from sales between 5 June and 13 June, and also add up the total amount of consideration, then divide them, you get an average price of 77.5 cents per share - which makes sense (if my maths is correct).

The end result of 77.5 cents a share sounds right to me but the individual transactions do not.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    lol, they seem to have cocked it up in terms of consideration for the number of shares purchased each day. NZX Discipline - large fine, public thrashing.....
    bit on embarrassment eh.

I pointed it out to Mark .... clerical transpositions he said .... and hoped that nobody else would notice so he wouldn't have to refile it.

Bet he reverts to the old trick of just saying 'On market purchase of x shares for $y between now and then' instead of a copy and paste out of the system

bit on embarrassment eh.

I pointed it out to Mark .... clerical transpositions he said .... and hoped that nobody else would notice so he wouldn't have to refile it.

Bet he reverts to the old trick of just saying 'On market purchase of x shares for $y between now and then' instead of a copy and paste out of the system
    Thanks winner, that makes sense.

Do companies at a bare minimum have to disclose the number of shares at a particular price over a particular duration, or do they just have to disclose that they now have X% of shares being Y of the total number of shares on issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Arndale View Post
    Thanks winner, that makes sense.

Do companies at a bare minimum have to disclose the number of shares at a particular price over a particular duration, or do they just have to disclose that they now have X% of shares being Y of the total number of shares on issue?
    They fill in Form 2 (like the one you see) according to how they interpret the Guidelines (to filling out Form 2)

The full PDF that Milford do showing their transactions is good practice (when they get the detail right)

However disclosures are not always about buying and selling .......but if they clearly state th events giving rise to the disclosure that's all thats needed.

I still think there should be a summary at the top for the quick readers or less bright in this world .....in simple words. Like one sentence " 'Milford has increased in shareholding in ATM from x% to y% by buying z shares on market between then and now'
    Last edited by winner69; 17-06-2014 at 08:52 PM.

I still think there should be a summary at the top for the quick readers or less bright in this world .....in simple words. Like one sentence " 'Milford has increased in shareholding in ATM from x% to y% by buying z shares on market between then and now'
    I agree with this as it would save readers having to go through the detail comparing "For this disclosure" to "For the last disclosure," and give you a good snapshot of whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arndale View Post
    I agree with this as it would save readers having to go through the detail comparing "For this disclosure" to "For the last disclosure," and give you a good snapshot of whats going on.
    I totally agree either the form they are required to complete be made more user friendly, and or include a small brief summary………………… number of share sold / purchased, % increase / decrease.