sharetrader
Page 976 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 4768769269669729739749759769779789799809861026107614761976 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,760 of 23755
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    It's not that I don't believe the proposition of A2 milk but, since I don't have any problem with regular milk, why would I change to something more expensive?

If it works for someone then that is good, if it doesn't matter then that is good too.
    That's totally fine. I made the joke once that A2 Milk is for people with made up diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    That's totally fine. I made the joke once that A2 Milk is for people with made up diseases.
    Broadly I might agree - in a western context. But that's not meant to be objectionable to those with lactose intolerance.

What gets me is studies that suggest being lactose tolerant is a genetic mutations from the last 10,000 years or so. Something that westerners who have been exposed to sheep, goats and cows and genetically evolved. Given asia (and Asians) havent been exposed to so much lactose (other than babies at birth) they have evolved with this lactose tolerance. Hence they err on being lactose intolerant.

So if the vast majority of Asians are said to be genetically lactose intolerant and A2 milk enables them to consume milk then this would be a huge market. A market where you wouldn't want to be wasting your resource by selling it to NZ'ers.

We should be keeping an eye out on the ongoing research in this area.

In the mena time if people "feel" a benefit from consuming A2 then good on them for keeping the share price up

Outside thinking.

If that stopped you investing in ATM, then the joke may be on you.

Remember, ATM was introduced into the Australian market during 'supermarket milk price wars' and despite not discounting, and despite charging a premium, ATM still achieved an amazing market share (estimated between 10 - 15% for raw milk and 30% for IF)

ATM doesn't need to resort to science (or discounted prices) to prove its market difference - the market is deciding the benefits of A2 for itself.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 06-08-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    If that stopped you investing in ATM, then the joke may be on you.

Remember, ATM was introduced into the Australian market during 'supermarket milk price wars' and despite not discounting, and despite charging a premium, ATM still achieved an amazing market share (estimated between 10 - 15% for raw milk and 30% for IF)

ATM doesn't need to resort to science (or discounted prices) to prove it's market difference - the market is deciding the benefits of A2 for itself.
    Nah I've been a shareholder for many years. One of my friends worked for A2 Milk early 2000's. I filled up my boots early 2015 but sold along the way to fund my first house but I still have enough.

It was meant to be a lighthearted joke. I had a bar/restaurant for years and the amount of made-up diseases I had to listen to were very funny in the most part.

I like your line "the market is deciding the benefits of A2 for itself" - I'm so confident that in a market like Australia a study could comprehensively show that A2 Milk has no benefits at all and yet customers would continued to buy. Branding is the key and in that aspect A2 Milk has kicked all the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    It certainly seems an odd decision to me. Why are they buying overpriced stainless steel instead of using every dollar they have to grow the company. Does it mean that they do not see much more growth being achievable?
    You got think of the bigger picture, and apply some reverse thinking. I see that A2 took out a blocking stake in Synlait because they are preventing the possibility of a taking over on Synlait, which could lead to a delisting from the NZX, and also potentially adversely impact the Synlait supply to A2. This is a medium term defensive play, and I would said a very good move by the management team, and to Ms Hrdlicka

Super Investor

Default I prefer my milk straight.

Nah I've been a shareholder for many years. One of my friends worked for A2 Milk early 2000's. I filled up my boots early 2015 but sold along the way to fund my first house but I still have enough.

It was meant to be a lighthearted joke. I had a bar/restaurant for years and the amount of made-up diseases I had to listen to were very funny in the most part.

I like your line "the market is deciding the benefits of A2 for itself" - I'm so confident that in a market like Australia a study could comprehensively show that A2 Milk has no benefits at all and yet customers would continued to buy. Branding is the key and in that aspect A2 Milk has kicked all the goals.
    The benefits are right there on the label. This is not a low fat watered down product with boosted calcium and increased sugar and salt levels. Supermarkets here are full of low grade variants that sell for $1 per L. It comes down to customer choice.
    A2 or something else.
    h2

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    Supermarkets here are full of low grade variants that sell for $1 per L. It comes down to customer choice.
    A2 or something else.
    Supermarkets are full of variants!
    A2 is now one of them.
    The other variants are more than high water, low fat blah blah.
    Don't let your bias get in the way of seeing the true picture.

exactly that why hrdlicker is in charge , she a brand expert not a scientist. not long to wait to results lol i like results time it often leads to big moves
    one step ahead of the herd

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Supermarkets are full of variants!
    A2 is now one of them.
    The other variants are more than high water, low fat blah blah.
    Don't let your bias get in the way of seeing the true picture.
    What bias?
    A2 is ingested. It’s your taste buds that decide what you like.

Have you tried A2?
    You can stretch your budget by making yoghurt and cream cheese and there is even enough whey left to soak your oats overnight. Your taste buds will light up and you will be incredibly satiated.

All milk is the same right?..???
    h2

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    What bias?
    A2 is ingested. It’s your taste buds that decide what you like.

Have you tried A2?
    You can stretch your budget by making yoghurt and cream cheese and there is even enough whey left to soak your oats overnight. Your taste buds will light up and you will be incredibly satiated.

All milk is the same right?..???
    This is beginning to sound like one of those wine / whiskey type threads. All of which end with the only objective thing being price while taste remains wholly subjective.

Not that I mind - I'm holding ATM partly on the basis of consumer wallets.