sharetrader
Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1086
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Surprised how upbeat they are …. but all those immigrants and the new government will see through
    10 years ago their share price was $2.82.Today $1.10.
    Going to have to be a "gangbuster" second half for me to change my view of them.Currently I see them as a serial non-performer.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    10 years ago their share price was $2.82.Today $1.10.
    Going to have to be a "gangbuster" second half for me to change my view of them.Currently I see them as a serial non-performer.
    Hasn’t been under a buck since 2010 so not too bad lol

Getting close again eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Probably under 100 by end of week

Been downhill slide last results

But 100 a nice round number so might hold

Long wait until next update from company …..probably Feb next year
    Last edited by winner69; 28-11-2023 at 06:56 PM.

There we are …sub $1 intraday

Might close above $1

You buying Snoops

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Too much selling pressure, heading towards low 90s.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    There we are …sub $1 intraday

Might close above $1

You buying Snoops
    AGL was the last parcel of shares that I bought 'on market' Winner. Heck that was back in February and I paid $1.65! My share purchasing rule is I am not allowed to buy more AGL until I buy something else first. The purpose of my rule is to stop the 'tunnel vision' effect that occurs when 'you just know you must be right'. only to be upset by what you don't know. I have run my investment ruler over SCT, SKL and PGW. I have investment price targets for those three that Mr Market has not given me yet. I have been eyeing up a first investment for me in the property sector big eight. Again the price and risk factors are not quite lining up. It is all a bit frustrating. Lots of shares 'on sale' from this time last year. But nothing that is ticking the value acquisition box yet. Which just goes to show that a share going down in price doesn't necessarily make it cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Too much selling pressure, heading towards low 90s.
    585 shares traded today so far in seven lots? Could be a kid at Sharsies cashing up to buy some some Christmas presents!

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    585 shares traded today so far in seven lots? Could be a kid at Sharsies cashing up to buy some some Christmas presents!

SNOOPY
    Its more the sell orders amounting to over 35,000 shares for sale at $1 or less that are desperate to get out at that price level. Given the volume that trades daily, thats quite a large amount with no ready buyers to support the sell off, the price will continue to fall. Either represents an opportunity to buy more at a good price or a dangerous falling knife.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 29-11-2023 at 11:08 PM.

Legend

12 month graph is pretty impressive - a nice downwards ski slope

50c or 60c might be worthwhile for a further look in (about the level of the negative NTA)

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Its more the sell orders amounting to over 35,000 shares for sale at $1 or less that are desperate to get out at that price level. Given the volume that trades daily, thats quite a large amount with no ready buyers to support the sell off, the price will continue to fall. Either represents an opportunity to buy more at a good price or a dangerous falling knife.
    I don't have ready computer access to market depth, so I wasn't aware of so many shares being for sale at under a buck. Thanks for that. We are talking $35k of shares here (or a bit less). In capital market terms this is not big money, even for the NZX. But if there is virtually no-one on the buy side you are right. The share price will only go one way

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    12 month graph is pretty impressive - a nice downwards ski slope

50c or 60c might be worthwhile for a further look in (about the level of the negative NTA)
    This business is not about NTA. It is about cashflow. If you acquire other job agency businesses based on their 'business connections' (which is the way AGL has been expanding their white collar offering), then you end up swapping cash for 'nothing tangible'. If you then keep paying good dividends from your cashflow, then this is how you can end up with a negative tangible assets on the balance sheet. AGL could stop paying dividends to increase their net tangible assets at any time. But that would not increase their attractiveness as an investment, for this dividend hound at least.

I do know that AGL have been making good money on the Maorisation of of corporate governance, which includes Maori tribal appointments to regional councils and to governance structures for 3 waters , or 10 waters or whatever it became. I imagine that the coming 'Luxonsiation' of this process may affect future returns in this business domain.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 30-11-2023 at 08:36 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I don't have ready computer access to market depth, so I wasn't aware of so many shares being for sale at under a buck. Thanks for that. We are talking $35k of shares here (or a bit less). In capital market terms this is not big money, even for the NZX. But if there is virtually no-one on the buy side you are right. The share price will only go one way
    Share depth showing 14,000 shares at 90 cents or less. Todays drop to 90 cents from 97 cents was on 3,807 shares being sold, so can't underestimate the impact of small volume sell offs.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 01-12-2023 at 09:53 AM.