sharetrader
Page 22 of 109 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

9:03am, 19 Mar 2012 | GENERAL

AWF GROUP LIMITED (NZX – AWF) ANNOUNCES FURTHER HEALTH SECTOR GROWTH
    AWF's subsidiary Panacea Healthcare Limited, has reached agreement to acquire the significant and respected South Island healthcare provider Nursing New Zealand (NNZ).
    NNZ is a major provider of Community Nursing and Serious Injury Care to ACC and also provides Occupational Health Services through the Canterbury, Otago and Southland regions. NNZ has been operating in the health sector since 1993 and brings a wealth of experience to the Group.
    The acquisition will be effective from the beginning of April and will see the retention of NNZ’s experienced management team. NNZ is expected to add revenue of $5m for the 2012-13 financial period and will be earnings accretive.
    Managing Director Simon Hull says, "We are delighted to bring Nursing NZ into the team, both for their significant position in the provision of healthcare in the area and the geographic expansion to our services it will offer, but most importantly for the high standards achieved in the delivery of their services."
    "With the South Island added to our already extensive coverage in the North, we move much closer to our goal of full national coverage of our services in these most important Healthcare areas" Hull says.

percy

Very pleasing.Another good fit.
    Last edited by percy; 19-03-2012 at 08:41 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Impressive, might have to do some reading up on AWF
    Hopefully Lizard may update us with a valuation.Lizard has been right on the money with this company.

Advanced Member

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/2...-acquiring-nnz

Not a bad article here, although he did neglect to say they traded and closed at all time highs !!!!

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hopefully Lizard may update us with a valuation. Lizard has been right on the money with this company.
    Thanks for the compliment, Percy! For once, a thread I wouldn't have cared if Phaedrus had produced one of his legendary "take the piss out of the FA egotist" charts on.

Re valuation, I think I'll resist the urge and hold off until we get some fresh data in May. They don't seem to be trading too far off my various valuations now, but will come down a bit to finding the pedal on organic growth rather than paying for it in goodwill. Just one to ride for now (and keep banking the dividends).

Super Investor

Still looks good at current price. Definitely a HOLD.
    h2

Super Investor

Wow! What an excellent result. Gotta love this one percy.

Should hit Lizards valuation out of the park.
    h2

percy

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    Wow! What an excellent result. Gotta love this one percy.

Should hit Lizards valuation out of the park.
    Result would have hit everybody's valuation out of the park.!!!!!!! Last sale $2.60
    PE over 15, divie yield now 5%,but that growth rate of 26.8% is just incredible.Future growth rate.?
    As you noted h2so4 I just love it,and the big increase in divie is the icing on the cake.

percy

Today's announcement "The board of AWF Group intends purchasing up to 500,000 ordinary shares to be held as treasury stock,shall be completed by 31/3/13".
    Means if you have not already brought some, you have serious competition.
    Not sure how many have traded in the past year,but I doubt it is much more than 500,000,and that has driven the SP from $1.65 to $2.50. Another positive announcement for us shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Today's announcement "The board of AWF Group intends purchasing up to 500,000 ordinary shares to be held as treasury stock,shall be completed by 31/3/13".
    Means if you have not already brought some, you have serious competition.
    Not sure how many have traded in the past year,but I doubt it is much more than 500,000,and that has driven the SP from $1.65 to $2.50. Another positive announcement for us shareholders.
    I like AWF and have for some time now, but this is not doing much to promote liquidity in a stock that is already very illiquid is it? Surely issuing options would be a better way to incentives the execs.