sharetrader
Page 32 of 109 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    It is amazing what you can learn off the street.
    A good friend of mine has a teenage son who was employed through Allied workforce until recently.
    I got to catch up with him in the weekend and asked what happened to your job I know the very large contracters that he worked for had so much work on and I was surprised to hear he had lost his job.
    He replied the contractor got sick of all the muppets AWF were supplying as workers they told everyone employed through AWF dont come monday.
    Could this be a case of all care no responcibility.
    Not too often you get a teenager admitting they are a total muppet !!!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Not too often you get a teenager admitting they are a total muppet !!!
    I think it is the nature of the beast that AWF have trouble attracting the best trades-people.[as do all temp agencies]
    They are recruiting overseas to improve their pool of trades people.
    Also the Madison acquisition will help drive stable earnings by moving into the white collar market.
    Great ROE,strong balance sheet,good management make the outlook " of interest."
    Last edited by percy; 15-11-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Advanced Member

The talk is pretty bullish on Madison , supppose they could go gangbusters and the rest of the group could drag them down ....

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/185387.pdf

percy

Nice to see Milford have joined us as shareholders.
    Will we see a stampede of Milford coat-tail hanger-oners following them?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Nice to see Milford have joined us as shareholders.
    Will we see a stampede of Milford coat-tail hanger-oners following them?
    Hi Percy, Think he got the initial lot in the 5 % placement . Since the last update have sold a few ( by the looks of things to him !! ) to get into PEB amongst others ....
    Happy holding the balance , positioned for the upturn in earnings when Madison kicks in .....

percy

Hi Percy, Think he got the initial lot in the 5 % placement . Since the last update have sold a few ( by the looks of things to him !! ) to get into PEB amongst others ....
    Happy holding the balance , positioned for the upturn in earnings when Madison kicks in .....
    The disclosure did say "beginning to have substantial holding",however you have refreshed my memory,and I think they did indeed get some of the placement.
    I agree we are "well positioned" for the upturn when Madison kicks in.Maybe later on this year.

Yeah - kinda surprised when I saw this as hadn't seen any vol recently? But pleasing for Holders no less

percy

As expected a "challenging year" for labour hire.
    I think the coming year will be more rewarding going from statements in the announcement.;
    "The AWF Group is winning SIGNIFICANT new business as a direct result of the combined AWF and Madison business proposition."
    "The new opportunities Madison is providing in the permanent recruitment sector have countered the challenges of the light labour supply and the business should provide balance for the AWF Group in the future."
    "Mr Huddleston said at this early stage of the 2015 year the Group was performing well and to plan."
    PSI [percy significant index] With the word significant only used the once in the announcement,AWF rates as a strong hold.!
    Last edited by percy; 29-05-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Advanced Member

Percy , just wondering did you have a hand in the annual report ? Seems to be an abundance of " well positioned " in the first few pages .......

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/196069.pdf
    Last edited by stoploss; 26-06-2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: add ann report link

percy

Percy , just wondering did you have a hand in the annual report ? Seems to be an abundance of " well positioned " in the first few pages .......

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/196069.pdf
    Who ever wrote it thankfully must never look at sharetrader..!!!! I could not stop laughing.!!!! lol.
    Right.Now we talk Turkey,well The PSI.The PSI is offcourse The Percy Significant Index.With the use of the word "significant" twice in the Letter from the Board we have moved onto Red Alert.Strong Buy signal has been given!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!