sharetrader
Page 75 of 109 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

All out in the open now Snoops but you will have to wait until the full Interim to work out where the damage was done

At least $2.1m is a profit .....even though down from $3.4m pcp

No doubt H2 will be a boomer

You did seem a bit down on them in your post Snoops but you have to understand that they have always been a bit obtuse in their reporting.

Like the heading they put up Lower blue collar revenue offsets strong first half profit ....pretty meaningless but a nice way we had a really really bad half year
    Last edited by winner69; 29-10-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

No wonder the share price is $1.73 ...though it’ll go up today as punters ‘buy’ the 8 cent divie

At least the directors have faith ...buying more to support the share price.

You need to help them out Snoops and buy some more

Interesting they bought Select Dunedin. Not a very diverse looking team there. All chicks with an honorary bloke by the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Interesting they bought Select Dunedin. Not a very diverse looking team there. All chicks with an honorary bloke by the looks.
    Job Board sort of says they want more blue collars than white collars

Found the job for you mini ...pre-requisite is owning steel capped boots
    https://www.select.co.nz/Job-Board/6...fic-Contollers

These MTCs need more skills
    https://www.select.co.nz/Job-Board/6...ic-Controllers
    Last edited by winner69; 29-10-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Job Board sort of says they want more blue collars than white collars

Found the job for you mini ...pre-requisite is owning steel capped boots
    https://www.select.co.nz/Job-Board/6...fic-Contollers
    Once again you have to ask how competent AWF is. Another dodgy advert and they should know better. Its the employers job to provide safety boots and the ad is in direct contravention of the law. More illegal activity on AWF's part. If they don't get this right (along with the rest of the dodgy stuff they have been found out about) then what else is being hidden / done.

Its a good job though - getting to stand all day and wielding power on unsuspecting motorists.

That is plenty diverse. Diverse is all about limiting the number of white dudes.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

If you do a social science degree your choices are limited to either;

Social work, clearing up the chaos created by ferals who will not look after their kids. or

Personnel management and recruitment.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. I have an acquaintance who refers to recruiters as gibbering baboons. I think he is being too harsh. Seeing them as the modern equivalent of the Royal Navies press gangs is more accurate.
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    If you do a social science degree your choices are limited to either;

Social work, clearing up the chaos created by ferals who will not look after their kids. or

Personnel management and recruitment.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. I have an acquaintance who refers to recruiters as gibbering baboons. I think he is being too harsh. Seeing them as the modern equivalent of the Royal Navies press gangs is more accurate.
    I see one of them has a different degree. Shame he doesnt apply what he ought to have learnt.
    "With a work history in Compliance, Health and Safety and Human Resources, Matt brings a valued and wide variety of skills to the Industrial team. Matt has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics and Statistics, Diploma of Humans Resources Management and is currently completing a Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management."

Guru

Very sad that Karen Bardwell (founder) passed away last year - a good lady.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No wonder the share price is $1.73 ...though it’ll go up today as punters ‘buy’ the 8 cent divie

It has done more than that. Share sales on Friday at $1.85, up 12c. A really robust performance in this shifty market. And the ex date isn't until November 19th

At least the directors have faith ...buying more to support the share price.

You need to help them out Snoops and buy some more
    I am doing what the directors (or at least the 'shareholding directors' like Simon Hull) are doing Winner. I am taking up the maximum shares I can through the dividend reinvestment plan. As for buying more on market, I will keep my gunpowder dry a little longer. This 'controlled reduction' (?) to providing workers for construction projects could be a permanent hit to the AWF side of the business.

As Simon Bennett said in the Interim Report for FY2019:
    "It is clear that there is opportunity in the construction sector and that, well-managed, the opportunity exists to deploy large numbers of migrant workers. We will be conservative in the degree to which we continue to participate for the foreseeable future."

If so that recovery I am always predicting could be to a lower level than I was thinking. I see that under the latest restricted share scheme, presumably to incentivise the employees, that the 2021 to 2014 'in the money' redemption price only needs to be above $1.90. Probably employees going to work and eating their lunch would achieve this. That isn't much of a 'growth vision' for senior management to grapple with.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 03-11-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7