sharetrader
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: AWE on the Move

The AGM

From the released material, the AWE guys showed themselves up again by saying nothing, disclosing nothing new, playing the AGM tight to their chests, wasting the opportunity to inform their shareholders of the really good work that is being done, but still asking permission to saunter up to the trough for a top up of share options for management - after buying peace with the surprisingly timely (but early) announcement of the Tui reserve upgrade. What a farce these AGMs are becoming - or have they always been like this? Some put this behaviour down to operator privilege - I put it down to communication failure. How long will it be before the new AWE CEO moves out?

P.S. Did anyone attend the AGM who is prepared to share their thoughts?

Advanced Member

Bilo,
    I have met a lot of these CEO's

Bruce Phillips took my eye. Raw talent. I mean this guy has taken AWE into new territory. AWE will shortly have so much cash that buybacks will be compulsory. And no one can see it . Same with NZO.

Tony Radford unbelievable Man this guy is cool but market unsaavy,. hence the sentiment

Rick Webber austral pacific. Sorry Rick

Matt Simmonds No one believes him. I do .

I want to go to brisbane next Wednesday just to see Ron Prefontaine's eyes.

I believe his story BOW...man , this could really rock...and good luck to him. Very experienced and has avery good plan....and has learnt from a few mistakes (minor )

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Bilo,
    Bruce Phillips took my eye. Raw talent. I mean this guy has taken AWE into new territory. AWE will shortly have so much cash that buybacks will be compulsory. And no one can see it . Same with NZO.
    Bermuda, Bruce Phillips left on September 1 - talented enough to realise that there are more things in his life than making heaps of money. Bruce Woods has taken over - hence my comment - I thought BWs past experience is closer to dealing in oil companies than understanding geology.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bilo View Post
    Bermuda, Bruce Phillips left on September 1 - talented enough to realise that there are more things in his life than making heaps of money. Bruce Woods has taken over - hence my comment - I thought BWs past experience is closer to dealing in oil companies than understanding geology.
    I realise that BP has left.

I met him 2 years ago He had a lot of things to say, some of which cannot be repeated here. I dont know what he is up to now but good luck to him. He brought AWE to where it is today. He was one smart MD for AWE.

AWE is going to have so much cash that buybacks will be out in force.

NZO will be in the same boat but I am picking Radford will want dividends.

Banned

Markets in turmoil but AWE moving up ...... currently 359, hit 364 earlier on the ASX

BHP also moving up ......

BHP takeover bid on AWE to compliment their GOM oil interests ??

Share Collector

More likely in anticipation of some nice numbers in the upcoming quarterly.

Yes, nice to see Liz

Showing strength whilst everything else is stumbling all over the place ---the only green on my Watchlist today

This year looks like having many stumbles as it works its way through
    I dont see it matching 2007 in general
    To do well good stockpicking will be vitally essential, but not easy
    Time is the great revealer

Off the wire:

Australian Worldwide Exploration Ltd (ASX: AWE.ax) rose 6.9 percent today to A$3.24.

The firm said its key Tui oil project in New Zealand is set to produce its 10 millionth barrel of crude oil this week.

AWE also revised its fiscal 2008 oil production target for Tui to 13 million barrels. It had said on Jan. 31 gross oil production from Tui fields was likely to exceed 12 million barrels.

Share Collector

The encouraging gas shows on the current Lengo-1 drill in Indonesia may have made a contribution to the price today too.