sharetrader
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sure but Elon Musk has I believe said that LFP (lithium iron phosphate) will be the main battery chemistry.
    Hence why I invested in copper instead.
    Copper demand will increase with electrification.
    I recently bgt a parcel of SFR (sandfire resources) at $5.12/sh as they are in the middle of doing a big deal and appear cheap.
    Last edited by clearasmud; 10-10-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Page eight of the presentation below has a chart guessing at the different battery compositions, and how they are likely to grow in the future. By the 2030's LFP is forecast to be similar to the total current battery market (so there is forecast huge growth in this formulation). This April forecast by Benchmark Mineral Intelligence has the 8.1.1 composition increasing from almost nothing to about 3M MWh by 2040.

On that graph's estimate the top four chemistries would be NCM @ 8.1.1, NCM @ 6.2.2, NCM @ 5.3.2 and LFP that Clearasmud notes from Elon Musk conversations.

Given its an RNU presentation, their intension was to show all the main current formulations used a Graphite Anode (RNU of course having a planned graphite mine/processing).

https://renascor.com.au/wp-content/u...21-2202477.pdf
    If the link breaks in the future, the presentation date was 21 April 2021.

Another angle. This from a Mn producer.

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/ap...df02a206a39ff4

Disc: hold. SP up ~20% ytd.
    "There is something wrong with a regime that requires a pyramid of corpses every few years." George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Page eight of the presentation below has a chart guessing at the different battery compositions, and how they are likely to grow in the future. By the 2030's LFP is forecast to be similar to the total current battery market (so there is forecast huge growth in this formulation). This April forecast by Benchmark Mineral Intelligence has the 8.1.1 composition increasing from almost nothing to about 3M MWh by 2040.

On that graph's estimate the top four chemistries would be NCM @ 8.1.1, NCM @ 6.2.2, NCM @ 5.3.2 and LFP that Clearasmud notes from Elon Musk conversations.

Given its an RNU presentation, their intension was to show all the main current formulations used a Graphite Anode (RNU of course having a planned graphite mine/processing).

https://renascor.com.au/wp-content/u...21-2202477.pdf
    If the link breaks in the future, the presentation date was 21 April 2021.
    That presentation is purely an indication an likely to be very wrong.
    LFP apparently likes to be charged to 100% and is very stable and probably will last the life of the car. Iron and phosphorus are cheap and not supply constrained unlike nickel.
    Also the cars go fast too and have good range with the blade type batteries.
    Last edited by clearasmud; 11-10-2021 at 11:30 PM.

[QUOTE=Scrunch;916051]I've recently started to look for good battery component exposure options. I know i'm late to that realisation but there is an extremely strong outlook if by the 2030's EV's are majority of new cars. There's a bunch of sources saying battery component demand will grow 5-15x depending on source, start point and end point.

One of the main lithium-ion batteries is 8.1.1 NCM. Nickel @ 80%, cobalt and manganese at 10% each. The other two key bits are lithium and Graphite, and by weight graphite is the largest input. Stable rather than sharply increasing lithium supply is causing that price to go nuts. Other component parts may follow but it depends on the ease supply is increased and the amount of non battery demand. BSX certainly looks an interesting prospect in the Nickel space, although to date nickel hasn't gone balastic.[/EV's are made with 6 times more minerals than ICE vehicles

Battery for 1 Tesla Model 3: 56 kg nickel, 7 kg cobalt, 6.6 kg manganese, 85 kg copper

Need 40-fold increase in prod of lithium & nickel & 20 times as much as copper, graphite, & cobalt compared to 2020 levels - IEA
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

[QUOTE=JBmurc;923654]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    I've recently started to look for good battery component exposure options. I know i'm late to that realisation but there is an extremely strong outlook if by the 2030's EV's are majority of new cars. There's a bunch of sources saying battery component demand will grow 5-15x depending on source, start point and end point.

One of the main lithium-ion batteries is 8.1.1 NCM. Nickel @ 80%, cobalt and manganese at 10% each. The other two key bits are lithium and Graphite, and by weight graphite is the largest input. Stable rather than sharply increasing lithium supply is causing that price to go nuts. Other component parts may follow but it depends on the ease supply is increased and the amount of non battery demand. BSX certainly looks an interesting prospect in the Nickel space, although to date nickel hasn't gone balastic.[/EV's are made with 6 times more minerals than ICE vehicles

Battery for 1 Tesla Model 3: 56 kg nickel, 7 kg cobalt, 6.6 kg manganese, 85 kg copper

Need 40-fold increase in prod of lithium & nickel & 20 times as much as copper, graphite, & cobalt compared to 2020 levels - IEA

WHOA. Reset needed here..............

https://stockhead.com.au/energy/tesl...ats-important/

"Tesla’s confirmation that it will adopt lithium iron phosphate chemistry (LFP) batteries for its high volume, standard range Model 3 and Model Y electric cars marks what could be a wider shift away from the more expensive nickel cobalt aluminium (NCA) chemistry."
    "There is something wrong with a regime that requires a pyramid of corpses every few years." George Orwell.

RMI_AX.jpg

RMI - Resource Mining Corporation Limited - Has done very well over the last month - has been flagged 11 times on a daily momentum screening of the AX in Metastock.
    (Haven't done any research so unable to comment as to why - will leave that to those that are keeping a close watch on nickel mining and market demand)

WMG....drilling at the moment....has found nickel but waiting to see if find a lot. Results due soon. Low mrkt cap and feels like slow accumulation