sharetrader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Guru

Default Nickel - IGO, MCR, WSA and SMY, most has gone or r there moore

Hi Investors

Now REM long gone, time to update!

- Nickel dropped a bit, but still at a great price of $21,500 Oz and Nickel Inventories steady.

Patience is the key, BHP might decide to clean up small Nickel companies, six monthes will tell, new Nickel HQ in Perth to organise 1st.
    .................................................. ...................

IGO , careful selling by Equity Trusties - news out today.

Not like AMP who just dump, only need to look at Mincor, must have made big losses on it, plummented the price twice in recent history.

These guys being a lot smaller just sell small lots at a time as to not scare the market, I think they averaged $1.28 cents a share,around a million shares, not many in the big picture, but would have made a reasonable profit.

Was excellent buying opportunity when $1.24 - $1.26

Patience the key, wait for Mincor to report, upside, IGO heaps of upside, huge resource upside to come, WSA a bit unknown but huge resourse and extreme grade, JBM we all know that one except for most of the brokers, SMY well they broke, TTR running out and moving to high grade gold, BRW unknown but in the right area and excellent backing.

Cheers from [B)][}]
    Last edited by tricha; 17-01-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: changes
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Guru

Mincors 13% production downgrade report is not as bad as all that's made out, on target 10,000 tons this year, nickel around $21,500, a ton still ( hedged funds will water that down), so hopefully will earn 10c a share and pay around 3c a dividend.

And still earn 20c next year, on an 80c share would be awesome!

At least they are being honest about it now, you can't predict old mine conditions. It could be far worse, mine collapse and people killed!

The ace up their sleeve is the sale of TYC, which could bring them 6 to 10 million cash depending on the sale price.

And like IGO, JBM will find a lot more NICKEL!

And who dumped AMP[?][?], twice they have done this and killed the price, twice have brought around an excellent buying opportunity! Could this be 3rd time lucky?

Independence Group reports new leg high grade outside reserves and resources!
    Only the start I feel of an increase to 15,000 tons a year[][]

Jubilee Mines much like IGO, putting in a new decline 4.4 million to access the Alec Mairs deposit!

Regards from the [B)][}]

Guru

IGO - Makes sense now, they are employing 3 new people, all different positions, maybe even take on more, if suitable people apply.
    They are into this new leg, expect them to ramp production slowly up to 15,000 tons, as reported in last presentation.[B)]

Soft production, not really 200 ton short, about 2%, what has the price increase been, a lot more.

IGO is slowly on the move and with the 25 billion dollars coming on stream soon, maybe fast!

Cheers [B)][}]

Guru

IGO - Makes sense now, actually draw your own conclusion!

10.05.05 Opening Brief .

Quote M D Bonwick - In the Long mining complex, we're currently producing at around 9,000 tons of contained nickel per annum from three seperate undergound mines; remnant mining of the Long and Gibb South ore bodies and new developement of the Victor South series of shoots.

We would like to find another stand alone deposit which is either accessable from the Victor South decline, so that we can increase production to say, 15,000 tons, Long is operating at close to capacity given its geotechnical environment and we have a robust four year mining plan defined for Victor South.

10.06.05 High grade Nickel outside Victor South resource -

I'm not writing this one out, PDF files, but if you read both announcements and you saw the 3 job adverts in the Kalgoorlie miner recently 1+1+1= Draw your own conclusion.

.................................................. ....................

WSA the next JBM, news out today big resource upgrade.

You can't buy them all so I'll stick with IGO, so many hot shares out there and Nickels still hanging out at $22,000 a ton!

Cheers [B)][}]

heya Tricha
    IGO slowly but steadily moving north. few big buyers lining up aswell. probably see it break $1.40 soonish IMO
    cheers
    The more I learn, the more I realise I don\'t know!!

Guru

Hi ASXIOU

Yes someone did some careful buying on IGO today! JBM nearly $7.00, wow! MCR steady, on reasonable turnover.

The Super Cycle - this should be the biggest of them all, this is only the begining phase., that's my view.

Non beleivers please read the latest Resource Stocks mag - and make your own view

Small extract as follows -

Goldman Sachs, is predicting a rapid economic expansion until 2050, not only in China, but also Brazil, India and Russia, a fast growth grouping he dubbed the BRIC economies.

Just another example!

India's Jindal signs stainless steel plant agreement

Metals Insider - 13 June 2005

India's Jindal Stainless has signed an agreement with the government of the eastern Indian state of Orissa for setting up a 1.6 million tonne-capacity integrated stainless steel plant.

The project, to be located at Kalinga Nagar would also include a 500 MW captive power plant, the company's vice-chairman and managing director Ratan Jindal told local reporters.

The project will be implemented in five years and in two phases.

Regards [B)][}]

Further announcement for IGO re McLeay offshoot:

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...S=IGO&N=292090
    Take what you need, leave the rest.

Trisha, I can't remember if it was you or someone else that posted a link to analysts' comments on the Mincor website but they made excellent reading.

My slight preference is MCR due to very low forward PEs (3.5 for 06) but production downgrades have been forthcoming of late. IGO has too much nickel hedged at way below equivalent futures prices (nearly 40% of production hedged up to June 06). And JBM is overpriced.

SEC

Guru

Hi SEC

Agree with you with JBM, over priced, MCR excellent value, but if you go back to Sid's previous post and go back to the my 14.06.05 post.

Tends to suggest IGO will ramp up to 15,000 a year and then see what happens.

My view only - assumption is the mother of all f...ups, but the risk is small and the gain huge!

Regards [B)][}]

Agree Trisha, if you ASSUME you make an ASS of U and ME.

Unfortunately, you are ASSUMING IGO has discovered enough rich nickel deposits over the past month to increase production from 9000T/y to 15000T/y.

That's a big call.

Patersons has IGO nickel production relatively steady at 9-10KT/y until 2007.

Another cloud on the horizon is nickel's extreme backwardation and analysts' price forecasts (ASSUMED of course!) from 2007 onwards. Consensus estimates are around the USD9000/tonne mark, which haven't budged in over a year. This is compared to oil, iron ore, uranium and met coal, the estimates of which for 07 onwards has gone up heaps over the past year.

Nickel should be a part of a diversified resources portfolio, but not a large one.

However if IGO can improve its hedge book and forward sell nickel at AUD21000/T from 07 onwards.......

SEC