sharetrader

Default Financial statement analysis- Excel/other software

What do you use to input and analyse data from quarterly/annual reports? I played with Excel a bit,but it gets tedious at times to link multiple sheets.

Is there any good software out there? All I'm wanting is to key in data from reports and generate key ratios, projections etc.
    Or is there a spreadsheet template that'd cover most industries?

Cheers

Banned

Good question. I think you will be on your own, but hey, if you do develop something you'll have a great product!!!. Good luck. Look forward to your replies.

I use an Excel template - spent days, if not weeks setting up formulae - but now I just enter the Annual Report & print out my analysis summary in 30mins max...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Hi TheBoss,

Have a look at...

http://www.aspecthuntley.com.au/af/h...=aspecthuntley

I use the Aspect Equity Review. It covers Aust & NZ stocks. Costs $200+ per year and has historical financial data and lots more.

Saves you keying in data out of a report and gives you up to 10 years of data if the company has been around that long.

A lot of the ratios are already calculated, so at a glance you can (for example) see a company's ROE figures for the last ten years.

There is a search function (approx 150? variables to search on) which I use to very quickly narrow down my search to a handful of companies that meet the hurdles I set. I do further research on those companies and then use info from the Aspect Equity Review in combination with a product called Valuesoft to do projections and further calculations.

thanks for the responses. I spotted a couple of products on mbaware.com, but havent trialled them yet.

Will look around and post more if I come across any.

Cheers