sharetrader
Page 209 of 240 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2400

Are the new shares entitled to the dividend ? (issue date is ex date, so I assume not)
    2.5% saving or the div.,there not much in it

Were the institutional investors entitled to it?

Yes, entitled to the dividend. See post #2060 for an extract from the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Yeah, gave myself a bit of a kick for not selling down then as well. Until I remembered my objective was to build a good dividend paying NZX portfolio. I was overweight with term deposits anyway (albeit these days that is merely equivalent to saying I had some ;-) ). So what would I have done with the money if I had sold? Put it in a cash deposit to wait for the next opportunity? I didn't see a plethora of such risk/return opportunities out there that I didn't own already (this was before the capital raising announcement of course). So in the end I was happy not to play the market with this one.

Don't forget to factor in the brokerage saved by taking part in the direct offer as well.

SNOOPY
    Thanks, yep the brokerage does help a little and you did remind me that I am trying to build up income streams in these uncertain times. I used to rely on dividends and term deposits and even the call account rates in Jarden were enough to keep me happy staying in cash. Now, some of those dividends are suspended so regular divs are awesome. I still want a decent wad of cash to go shopping for bargains but other than that compounding growth stocks or high dividend yield is the name of the game.

I always like to have cash to buy dips and the global economy is on shaky ground right now so I see some bargains coming up.

If I had timed it right on CEN and MEL I could essentially buy back in and have 50% more shares.

I need to pay far more attention to Blackrock. I own shares in NASDAQ:SAVA which went up to US$117 when Blackrock were buying and then subsided to around $60 and now US$45
    The Blackrock effect is real and can literally double the share price. Next time I'm selling!

Of course, I don't always get it right. I didn't go all in on Serko and only bought a modest amount and that went up like crazy after the SPP. No one has a crystal ball. You just have to make the best decision at the time and your arguments are highly persuasive.
    Last edited by tango; 05-03-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Advanced Member

CEN down 21c? Just grabbed some for 6.77c
    Last edited by see weed; 05-03-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    CEN down 21c? Just grabbed some for 6.77c
    That's probably going to be a better price than people will get in the SPP
    Oh the irony

If average sale price for the week is $7.00 then possible SPP $6.82.??

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzoid View Post
    If average sale price for the week is $7.00 then possible SPP $6.82.??
    Yes. Price is calculated as the lower of $7 or 2.5% discount to the volume weighted average market price of Contact shares traded this week. Have to hope for higher volume at lower prices to swing it a lot lower

If the VWA price is $7.00 then $6,82
    Last edited by tango; 05-03-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Well, since I've already applied for my offer shares, I'm happy for it to run as low as possible today, so I end up paying less for them. Then the SP can begin a steady recovery on Monday!

The VMA for the 5 days, is that the price at the close of each of those days ?

Quote Originally Posted by alex f View Post
    The VMA for the 5 days, is that the price at the close of each of those days ?
    no
    If you read above it’s volume weighted average