sharetrader
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293
Results 1,841 to 1,852 of 1852
  1. #1841
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    6,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Still a buy at 46 times earnings? pssh.. It was borderline at $6.25 last week IMO
    Well, that's still more than 2% earnings, and don't forget - they pay dividends out of the cashflow. You need to compare the dividends they pay to what a recent bond would pay. CEN wins hands down in this contest.

    But yes, I understand what you mean :

    Discl: hold. Was nice buying around $5.75:
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 12-10-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  2. #1842
    Member Mothman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    42 Below
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Contact is not valued on a PE basis. Mostly on dividend yield and potential growth (of which there is very little). It has been the laggard in performance of the gentailers and it is a well run business. That said it looks a little bit pricy up here at $8.

  3. #1843
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    It will get close to or above $9 In the next month

  4. #1844
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    It will get close to or above $9 In the next month
    I agree will bypass $9 seems someone has been accumulating for a while and still short..........

  5. #1845
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Tasman
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Any idea why CEN fell back end of last week?

  6. #1846
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simsee View Post
    Any idea why CEN fell back end of last week?
    No idea, but it shot up in the last month so maybe just taking a breather ... it's still waaay above the 30 day MA.

  7. #1847
    Veteran novice
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    7,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simsee View Post
    Any idea why CEN fell back end of last week?
    Probably a bit of pre-election caution.

  8. #1848
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Forbar has them this morning not making the Global MSCI index this time around. Prev thinking was that they might but share price now has to be around 8.60 over a period.
    This was probably around the traps last week...

  9. #1849
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    299

    Default

    What happened yesterday?? Dropped from 7.75 to 7.56 in the closing minutes ...

  10. #1850
    Senior Member ananda77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    What happened yesterday?? Dropped from 7.75 to 7.56 in the closing minutes ...
    Happens on a regular basis and it usually has been a sign of accumulation. Blackrock's holding now close to 9% 20 October 2020. Last time 16 October 2020 was around 7.5%.

  11. #1851
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    Happens on a regular basis and it usually has been a sign of accumulation. Blackrock's holding now close to 9% 20 October 2020. Last time 16 October 2020 was around 7.5%.
    Here's the reason for the games with MEL & CEN over the last month

    "Meridian Energy led the market higher, climbing 3.8 percent to $5.54, although it has had volatile movements in the past week,
    Goodson said the stock price had been destabilised by its inclusion, alongside Contact Energy, in a clean energy index and the wait for confirmation of extension at the Tiwai Point aluminium smelter".

  12. #1852
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Here's the reason for the games with MEL & CEN over the last month

    "Meridian Energy led the market higher, climbing 3.8 percent to $5.54, although it has had volatile movements in the past week,
    Goodson said the stock price had been destabilised by its inclusion, alongside Contact Energy, in a clean energy index and the wait for confirmation of extension at the Tiwai Point aluminium smelter".
    Are they not required to inform the market when this happened?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •