sharetrader
Page 165 of 240 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2400

I think you're very brave catching this falling knife. Long time until March / April 2020 when Rio signals what they'll do with the smelter so that's one heck of a lot of uncertainty overhanging the utility sector until then. Could easily test its long term support level of $5.60 in the meantime.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think you're very brave catching this falling knife. Long time until March / April 2020 when Rio signals what they'll do with the smelter so that's one heck of a lot of uncertainty overhanging the utility sector until then. Could easily test its long term support level of $5.60 in the meantime.
    560 would be a smash hit.Just for a sideline, if you keep your cash, you also loose to the tune of 1.7%...and some people wait forever for the bottom to arrive...and then they become so frustrated and buy at 905...

Banned

A lot of pain for folks that got caught up in the hyped up yield trap by buying these and MEL near or at the top, they were so overcooked you could smell the burning from miles away.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A lot of pain for folks that got caught up in the hyped up yield trap by buying these and MEL near or at the top, they were so overcooked you could smell the burning from miles away.
    But for those that have kept the generators in their long term portfolio they remain great yield performers and I suspect they will continue doing so, regardless of Tiwai. Definitely will continue keeping them (CEN & GNE) in my yield part of the portfolio, albeit did halve the exposure some weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    But for those that have kept the generators in their long term portfolio they remain great yield performers and I suspect they will continue doing so, regardless of Tiwai. Definitely will continue keeping them (CEN & GNE) in my yield part of the portfolio, albeit did halve the exposure some weeks ago.
    Totally agree, no intentions from me of any further selling MEL or CEN costs now less then a hotdog per share and has both been an excellent dividend hold.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Totally agree, no intentions from me of any further selling MEL or CEN costs now less then a hotdog per share and has both been an excellent dividend hold.
    I think its funny how people get swayed into wrong decision making by noise. The point is that the outcome of Tiwai is 50:50 (my take is, it will not close), but judging by the trading, it's almost a certainty that it will close, hence the selling. So people keep sitting on the sidelines waiting for the elusive magic bottom, forgetting that the noise getting closer to the bottom will become even more negative and resulting in more selling, while the winners just keep accumulating. Happens all the time and that's why most people keep selling into a bottom and keep buying into a top. NEWS, its all bull****!... designed to keep the lines between losers and winners clear. BTW, my profit on mcy: 69%, cen: 29%, tpw: 33%...now accumulating cen again started at 695.

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    ... designed to keep the lines between losers and winners clear. BTW, my profit on mcy: 69%, cen: 29%, tpw: 33%...now accumulating cen again started at 695.
    It all comes down to ones cost price where current sellers locking in profit. Others who have been here for years are already in PROFIT huge advantage. Recently sold 50% of MEL & 25% CEN sadly never picked the highs of either but now have free carry on one and a hot dog costing for other.

Personally think Tiwai won't close and would not offer RIO any discounts to stay.

Close to 3m shares changed hands so far, price up 14 cents so far...dead cat bounce??..who cares

Close to 3m shares changed hands so far, price up 14 cents so far...dead cat bounce??..who cares
    CEN in my buy zone MEL not..........

Hold CEN/MEL

today, close to 4m shares changed hands, price up 22 cents...Ich denk mich laust der Affe - I think, a monkey is picking my lice (meaning here is: unbelievable surprise or not?)
    Last edited by ananda77; 26-11-2019 at 06:35 PM.