sharetrader
Page 171 of 240 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2400
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    It is still going on, end of day shenanigans. Have been buying in bits and pieces on close the last couple of days to get av. price down and hopping they don't drop the div too much. The yld is looking good at 6% plus. Best time to buy is on close lately, but will probably do the opposite tomorrow. Anyone on here topping up at these lower levels?
    Yes me, just a few, to try and get my average down a bit as well but aware I may be falling into one of those divie traps. The Bear doesnt like traps

Hillside stability problems above Lake Dunstan has potential to cause CEN some headaches

https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/central-otago/crews-aim-keep-road-open-after-cromwell-landslip

Dilettante

It is still going on, end of day shenanigans. Have been buying in bits and pieces on close the last couple of days to get av. price down and hopping they don't drop the div too much. The yld is looking good at 6% plus. Best time to buy is on close lately, but will probably do the opposite tomorrow. Anyone on here topping up at these lower levels?
    Yes BaaBaa I have topped up a little in the low 560s. I assume they will need to lower dividend somewhat from 2022 or 2023 onwards when their EBIDTA will take a significant hit, but even if they lower it to 30c (I hope that will be the floor), we are still talking about a 5.3% odd dividend and potentially some upside in the SP from current level.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yes BaaBaa I have topped up a little in the low 560s. I assume they will need to lower dividend somewhat from 2022 or 2023 onwards when their EBIDTA will take a significant hit, but even if they lower it to 30c (I hope that will be the floor), we are still talking about a 5.3% odd dividend and potentially some upside in the SP from current level.
    Got back on the register after 4 years, looks very appealing from yield perspective albeit might be slightly lower levels due to Smelter issues. Hey, anything is better than paltry 1% out there...

Banned

Wait .....it will go around $5...

Missed by that much

Yes. I topped up with some late afternoon. I am very happy that I am now able to buy and sell CEN when I want to, rather than wait for small windows where inside knowledge didn't apply.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Yes. I topped up with some late afternoon. I am very happy that I am now able to buy and sell CEN when I want to, rather than wait for small windows where inside knowledge didn't apply.
    That's a nice endorsement, well played.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    Hillside stability problems above Lake Dunstan has potential to cause CEN some headaches

https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/centra...mwell-landslip
    The biggest headache for Contact from that wee slip will be that the General Manager Hydro, Dispatch Manager and Asset Managers will all have to work from home for a day or two, just like they did right through lockdown. There are a few other staff who also live in Cromwell and work at Clyde who will be inconvenienced. That slip is upstream of the junction of the two arms of Lake Dunstan at a point where the Clutha arm of the lake narrows, but is still quite deep, so will have no affect on operations. The size of the slip "is estimated at about 30 metres long, 20 metres wide and 15 metres deep", or around 9,000 cu m.

CEN SP has been hit more than MEL by the Tiwai shutdown announcement. Any reason behind the difference?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post

https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/central-otago/crews-aim-keep-road-open-after-cromwell-landslip
    Those hills are well known for instability, and some tunneling etc done when they built the dam. Heard some horror stories....