sharetrader
Page 156 of 240 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2400
    Dilettante

Yes a very good result from CEN. Savings plan already delivering significant operational savings and the flexible and renewable generation really are delivering the goods in a difficult year/period like we've had. All leading to a large increase in the divie. A great start to the results season for my portfolio.

Dilettante

Has anyone seen the customer number in the results announcement ? I can not find it. I see comments about further losses in customers but that the numbers have stabilised over the last 3 months, but no more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Has anyone seen the customer number in the results announcement ? I can not find it. I see comments about further losses in customers but that the numbers have stabilised over the last 3 months, but no more detail.
    I can not find it either. I assume they do not want us to know.

I note their new dividend policy of 100% of free cash flow after capex for stay in business requirements. Key question for those who are in this stock. Is the 39 cps divvy this year sustainable going forward or is this an unusual year caused by very high wholesale prices and / or unusual hydrology ? Not often the Beagle is all ears but he his so please all of you, fire away with your thoughts.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    I can not find it either. I assume they do not want us to know.
    No conspiracy - is in the monthly ops report.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I note their new dividend policy of 100% of free cash flow after capex for stay in business requirements. Key question for those who are in this stock. Is the 39 cps divvy this year sustainable going forward or is this an unusual year caused by very high wholesale prices and / or unusual hydrology ? Not often the Beagle is all ears but he his so please all of you, fire away with your thoughts.
    Craig's believes it is sustainable, at least for FY20. Very hard to say as we rely on Mother Nature a lot, but I'm optimistic with the capex staying low for now and opex being reigned in, we have a decent chance of good steady yield in the next few years.
    Discl: Topped up more this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    No conspiracy - is in the monthly ops report.
    Thanks for that.

Craig's believes it is sustainable, at least for FY20. Very hard to say as we rely on Mother Nature a lot, but I'm optimistic with the capex staying low for now and opex being reigned in, we have a decent chance of good steady yield in the next few years.
    Discl: Topped up more this morning
    Thanks mate. Had a quick skim of the analyst presentation. Looks pretty good to me. Good solid result and outlook and as you suggest forward capex is modest and cost control is good. Change in divvy policy to drive a re-rating ? Lots of people use these companies as bond proxies apparently.
    Divvy going up and interest rates going down. Hmmm Gross yield inclusive of about 2/3rd's imputation credits looks like 7.5% to me. Not too shabby.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-02-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

I bought mine in '14 and '15, two lots in each year. 595, 638, 501 and finally 456. The gain on my capital has been modest, although we must remember that they did return 50c of capital at one stage (Mid 2015)

I'm not sure I would be chasing the prices up at current levels. Although, yes, the dividend is attractive.
    Last edited by RTM; 11-02-2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Additional info

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Apologies, last ops out today. No customer numbers anymore.