sharetrader
Page 170 of 240 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2400
    Banned

Uncertainty in Rio tinto about our smelter

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    Anyone knows this kind of trading pattern? A price decline in the last minute of trading or after market trading? This has been happening now the second day in a row in cen.
    Don't know what is behind it but have noticed this stock always has large trades that go through at close or just after which is what drives the price up or down for the day. What happens during the day seems to mean nothing.

The may production report looked interesting to me in that the cost of production is much lower than last year and more than off sets the lower consumption due to lockdown etc. I would have thought this would push the price sp up as it should mean good profit but hasn't happened.
    No expert in this area dyor

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Don't know what is behind it but have noticed this stock always has large trades that go through at close or just after which is what drives the price up or down for the day. What happens during the day seems to mean nothing.

The may production report looked interesting to me in that the cost of production is much lower than last year and more than off sets the lower consumption due to lockdown etc. I would have thought this would push the price sp up as it should mean good profit but hasn't happened.
    yes, I noticed the mass market cash netbacks as well. Regarding the trade pattern, I think they have to be after market trades. I had an -on market order- in for the day at a higher price then the closing price, but lower than the current price range during the day, that got filled at the lower closing price. I think this is not possible during market hours.
    Last edited by ananda77; 26-06-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Contacts SP has been well manipulated in a price range for maybe 2 months. Clearly (to me) someone is accumulating for future dividends in a no interest world. Due for an upwards breakout soon............. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Contacts SP has been well manipulated in a price range for maybe 2 months. Clearly (to me) someone is accumulating for future dividends in a no interest world. Due for an upwards breakout soon............. IMO
    Due for a breakout you reckon...could start today...ask me again after the manipulator has done their thing tonight.

IMO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Very uncertain.....my gut feeling....Rio is going to shut it down. As global economy is so bleak...n aluminum price is not good.

Unless....the labour gives them more lollies...

Well, my gut feeling is right again...

IMO

Alcoa also cancelled a contract with ABC thats is been renewing for 50 years for the supply of Lime.

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post

It is still going on, end of day shenanigans. Have been buying in bits and pieces on close the last couple of days to get av. price down and hopping they don't drop the div too much. The yld is looking good at 6% plus. Best time to buy is on close lately, but will probably do the opposite tomorrow. Anyone on here topping up at these lower levels?