sharetrader
Page 175 of 240 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Giving back most of gains of y'day, bit of sucker rally by the looks...
    au contraire imo.
    its broken out of the post covid range.
    supposedly CEN will take a hit from Tiwai but still, might be some reasonable odds here.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    What is wrong with posting paywalled articles? Please post them as some people will have the subscription. The subscription price is likely a good investment for any remotely serious investor. We all benefit from a strong media holding corporate power accountable.
    Last time I posted a whole article from BusinessDesk my post disappeared quickly-I suspect they have a means of making this happen.
    Posting a paragraph seems to remain .

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Last time I posted a whole article from BusinessDesk my post disappeared quickly-I suspect they have a means of making this happen.
    Yeah, positing full paywalled articles on sites like this is in breach of their terms and conditions. A short synopsis or summary is permissible.

Dilettante

The Administrator and owner of ST has asked people not copy & paste full texts from articles on access controlled sites They can get into trouble if this site is used for such plagiarism but posting a paragraph with a link to the article or referencing where it is taken from, seems to be OK. Subscribers of the Herald or other websites, are also breaking the law by doing so.
    Last edited by iceman; 07-08-2020 at 08:25 PM.

As the others have said, I meant posting links to articles is fine. A small quote too.

Re-posting whole articles anywhere on the web is poor etiquette and a breach of copyright. Media owners deserve to get paid for their content. If not there won't be any left!

Advanced Member

Just to get it right after some consideration of copyright I will paste a small quote and state the reference as post #1774 .

Dilettante

Just to get it right after some consideration of copyright I will paste a small quote and state the reference as post #1774 .
    If you look at post #1733 I think you'll find that's exactly what I did.

rumours another pot at tiwai being readied to re-open in september
    "But she addressed speculation in a newspaper report that the smelter had told contractors to prepare for the September reopening of the smelter’s fourth and smallest potline, which it closed in April because of operating requirements during the Covid crisis.

The smelter had “no current plans” to reopen the potline, she said."

from stuff article https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/122...s-forsyth-barr

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_d View Post
    "But she addressed speculation in a newspaper report that the smelter had told contractors to prepare for the September reopening of the smelter’s fourth and smallest potline, which it closed in April because of operating requirements during the Covid crisis.

The smelter had “no current plans” to reopen the potline, she said."

from stuff article https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/122...s-forsyth-barr
    I think this is far from over. Lets see what happens. I'm watching Rio Tinto play the same game with their smelter in Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think this is far from over. Lets see what happens. I'm watching Rio Tinto play the same game with their smelter in Iceland
    it's interesting eh. There must be a list of their smelters around the world, and what the power supply situations are in each of them. Whether they own the generation they use, co-own, etc..