sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Share Collector

Default Cooks Food Group - CFG

Looks like we will get another juice/beverage company if CFG finally succeed in their goal of picking up food group assets with the acquisition of NZ Natural Juice.

Can't remember a beverage company that didn't do well on the NZX (unless we count TUR who hold Kerifresh), so could be one to watch?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Looks like we will get another juice/beverage company if CFG finally succeed in their goal of picking up food group assets with the acquisition of NZ Natural Juice.

Can't remember a beverage company that didn't do well on the NZX (unless we count TUR who hold Kerifresh), so could be one to watch?
    Hi Liz...hope you will know the answer and save me some time.........please.....

The Question...where are they getting the cash from to pay part of the aquistion??..A year ago they said the company (CFG) had a negative asset of $4 M and the largest shareholder had funded most of this shortfall.

Share Collector

Well, to speculate on a quiet day....

...they will do the usual back-door listing ploy... raise capital from a number of soph investors, give a mix of shares and cash to the sellers and, after leaving existing holders with less than 5% of the equity, will give them the opportunity to participate in a 1:1 rights issue.

After that, they will probably pay double digit interest on the loan for a while before converting it to equity at a substantial discount.

Only well after all that, when they have had time to file a couple of rounds of accounts, will any of us actually want to vaguely consider buying the shares. But it could be interesting to watch.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up but I still have all my own teeth

Should I be worried that despite there only being 171 items listed on the NZSX & NZAX I did not realise that Cooks Food Group still existed?

I would not be surprised if this re-incarnation is quickly forgotten.

So they are Esquires Coffee but NOT in New Zealand ?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    So they are Esquires Coffee but NOT in New Zealand ?
    or Australian or Canada which would be the main markets it is in would be my guess.

It does have about 35 stores in the UK and 7 in Ireland but that is it and the articel is unclear whether that is included.

The article is also unclear on whether they have rights to USA, south America, Europe and south Africa
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Boy I'm glad I sold my holding (worth B*gg*r all) a couple of years back. Come to think of it, haven't heard from Tasman Capital for a while-still waiting for the big one from them........

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Boy I'm glad I sold my holding (worth B*gg*r all) a couple of years back. Come to think of it, haven't heard from Tasman Capital for a while-still waiting for the big one from them........
    I'm still a holder with nothing to loose, zero cost from Tasman, going along for the ride.
    I wounder how many people on share trader are Tasman Capital share holders.

I am last time I looked Maybe might be worth something after all this time!
    Same boat as B H above

I sold out of CFG, still have my Tasman shares. It was a fun punt at the time. Still is.

Still have my CFG, sold Tasman at 12c late 2010, after contacting them.