sharetrader
Page 169 of 240 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2400
    Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Blackrock disclosing a substantial holding of 5.391%. Good to see a vote of confidence from them
    Do you like NZ being bought out by foreigners?

Especially ones that can access cheap money from the Federal Reserve to buy real assets. (although that said it may be on behalf of their foreign clients.)

Disclaimer: want to buy CEN at lower prices hacked off that funny money is probably keeping prices high. (or reasonable depending on your cap rate, yield expectation)
    Last edited by Aaron; 21-04-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

Especially ones that can access cheap money from the Federal Reserve to buy real assets. (although that said it may be on behalf of their foreign clients.)
    I do like it when the biggest investment fund manager in the World shows interest and confidence to invest in our share market. Saying this in any ways represents "NZ being bought out by foreigners" is a bit of a stretch. Just wait until you see this "anti foreign investment Government" open NZ up completely for foreign investment in the next few weeks. Rod Drury already asking them to let in a few billionaires to buy land in return for residency visas !!

Permanent Newbie

I do like it when the biggest investment fund manager in the World shows interest and confidence to invest in our share market. Saying this in any ways represents "NZ being bought out by foreigners" is a bit of a stretch.
    A bit of a stretch?? I thought Blackrock was US based not resident in NZ? Maybe Larry Fink is one of the billionaires of which you speak.
    Last edited by Aaron; 21-04-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

Disclaimer: want to buy CEN at lower prices hacked off that funny money is probably keeping prices high. (or reasonable depending on your cap rate, yield expectation)
    Maybe it is New Zealand shareholders selling out to foreigners, just like real estate for the last 180 years. The biggest loss of a nz company to foreigners, in the last couple years, would have to be A2 milk, which has gained about 3900% in last 5 years, out stripping real estate.
    Last edited by see weed; 21-04-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Veteran novice

I do like it when the biggest investment fund manager in the World shows interest and confidence to invest in our share market. Saying this in any ways represents "NZ being bought out by foreigners" is a bit of a stretch. Just wait until you see this "anti foreign investment Government" open NZ up completely for foreign investment in the next few weeks. Rod Drury already asking them to let in a few billionaires to buy land in return for residency visas !!
    Neither of which does anything to boost NZ's economy. Inflates NZ asset prices? Certainly!

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Maybe it is New Zealand shareholders selling out to foreigners, just like real estate for the last 180 years. The biggest loss of a nz company to foreigners, in the last couple years, would have to be A2 milk, which has gained about 3900% in last 5 years, out stripping real estate.
    It is definitely NZers selling out. Contact was owned by Origin for many years and they seemed to be continually trying to enrich themselves at the expense of the minority shareholders anyone remember Phil Pryke?

I should really get my facts straight first but I was imagining Blackrock or Blackrock investment funds can issue bonds at very very low interest rates that I cannot access and therefore they would have a much lower hurdle rate when investing. One that I struggle to compete with.

A quick look at their 31/12/2019 annual reports show a range of between 1.25% to 4.25%. NZ two year fixed home mortgages are about 3.4% so maybe I am just being a cry baby because I wasn’t fast enough to get the yield I wanted.

I struggle to see the benefit to NZ when foreigners buy up successful businesses and assets that are already in existence and take the income offshore.

If they are building new assets or plant that would be a different story.

I have always liked this story to get my xenophobic juices running.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opin...ampaign=buffer

A bit worse than Blackrock bidding up asset prices.

Permanent Newbie

Nice work if you can get it.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fe...0-billion-fees

and these are the pr**ks we are competing against for shares in Contact Energy. They must have trouble getting rid of their cash. I suppose they could lift their compensation but they would still need to invest it somewhere.

How there is not a conflict of interest in the US of A with Blackrock front running the Federal Reserve bond buying program over there would be hard to believe.

What is surprising is that everyone is OK with it.

What on earth is going on with the smelter ?

Banned

Very uncertain.....my gut feeling....Rio is going to shut it down. As global economy is so bleak...n aluminum price is not good.

Unless....the labour gives them more lollies...

Anyone knows this kind of trading pattern? A price decline in the last minute of trading or after market trading? This has been happening now the second day in a row in cen.