sharetrader
Page 163 of 240 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2400
    Advanced Member

Thanks snoopy for your wise words.
    My mistake of course was in hindsight-I am happy that I made the right decision to reduce risk.
    Youngest son-who has a margin lending account like me-needed money so rather than using bank of mum and dad I suggested he sold 1/2 of his contact-in the $7 dollar range .Still a good decision and he will learn to be happy to take gains just as I am

new highs , gentailers on fire. get your income why you can
    one step ahead of the herd

They say carnage on the bourse early next week because of Trump

Never fear ...listed gentailers in NZX will be OK ..probably see continued increase in share price

We all love them
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They say carnage on the bourse early next week because of Trump

Never fear ...listed gentailers in NZX will be OK ..probably see continued increase in share price

We all love them
    We all live them all.
    Contact closes at $9.05 ! Wow. I was underwater for ages with this one after buying on Craigs recommendation in 2014.
    Averaged down a couple of times. And waited. Have been well rewarded with dividends and capital growth.
    Now our 3rd biggest holding.

Dilettante

Up a cool 19% in the last 4 weeks plus a 23c divie. Nothing to be sneezed at :-)

Advanced Member

August Operating Report
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...869/307573.pdf

"As at 9 September 2019, total Clutha scheme storage (including uncontrolled storage) was 24% of mean "

Anyone know what this means ? Anything at 24% of the mean sounds like quite a deviations to me. One of my bigger holdings.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    August Operating Report

"As at 9 September 2019, total Clutha scheme storage (including uncontrolled storage) was 24% of mean "

Anyone know what this means ? Anything at 24% of the mean sounds like quite a deviations to me. One of my bigger holdings.
    I'd say it sounds like insufficient rain in the Southland region ...

Lucky the other hydro stores are not that empty ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I'd say it sounds like insufficient rain in the Southland region ...

Lucky the other hydro stores are not that empty ...
    Yeah....that's what it felt like to me as well. But other figures in there....."Inflows into Contact’s Clutha catchment for August 2019 were 74% of mean (July 2019: 145%, June 2019: 104%, May 2019: 160%)"....made me wonder if I was reading it right ? Then I guess that's not great news for Contact.

Yeah....that's what it felt like to me as well. But other figures in there....."Inflows into Contact’s Clutha catchment for August 2019 were 74% of mean (July 2019: 145%, June 2019: 104%, May 2019: 160%)"....made me wonder if I was reading it right ? Then I guess that's not great news for Contact.
    ... certainly not for the branch of their business generating power from the Clutha hydro system ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Missed by that much

August Operating Report

The Clutha receives most of its inflows in Spring and Summer, and very little over winter. It only has Hawea as a storage lake, so this is the only one that gets measured. This year Contact appear to have drained Lake Hawea lower than normal because of the reduced inflows in August/September, in anticipation of the snow melt arriving in October/November. Snow pack is not measured as part of the storage as it cannot be accurately measured, but the indications are that it has been a good snow year in the South Island.

The watch going forward would be that a La Nina pattern looks likely for the coming year, and that is normally lower rain for the Hydro catchments.