sharetrader
Page 22 of 240 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

CEN may creep up to 660 - 670 to test its high of the last 12 months before having a bit of a breather?

Anyone know how are the lake levels holding up for winter compared to previous years?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Guru

Believe the main hydro lakes such as Pukaki and Tekapo are very close to normal (or the average) for this time of year

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Anyone know how are the lake levels holding up for winter compared to previous years?
    Check out this site. It shows up to date daily storage levels and weekly inflows.

http://www.electricityinfo.co.nz/com...Page.hydrology

Quote Originally Posted by mr.needs View Post
    Check out this site. It shows up to date daily storage levels and weekly inflows.

http://www.electricityinfo.co.nz/com...Page.hydrology
    Thanks for that!
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

"The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) has given its $8 million a year electricity contract to Contact Energy for the next three years."

Looking good!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo56 View Post
    "The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) has given its $8 million a year electricity contract to Contact Energy for the next three years."
    The previous supplier was Meridian (SOE).

The funny thing with SOE's is that assuming Contact is making a profit, it is the government that is missing out as there is leakage into the corporate sector. Taxpayer gets screwed.

Disc: Happy CEN holder.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

....I cant help thinking...if my surname was Buffet.....I would be buying like a pig in muck........mmmm...does Buffet have 2 t's....

Dilettante

As a Contact home customer, I recently received an offer from Trustpower to transfer to them. They offered no ETS or other increases (except GST) for 12 months and a 15% (as opposed to 10%) early payment discount. Contact meanwhile increased their price by over 3% due to ETS. If I pay on time and get early payment discount, I would pay around 9.1% less for my electricity if supplied by Trustpower rather than Contact for at least the next 12 months. I sent an email to Contact as a concerned shareholder and customer and asked if they would respond to Trustpower. I receved NO reply. After waiting for 3 weeks I signed over to Truspower and then a few days later had a ph call from Contact trying to offer me a one off discount on my next power bill !! It appears their customer service is of the same level as their treatment of their shareholders with the Director's fees fiasco a couple of years ago. They seem to have learnt nothing from that debacle and I predict a customer exodus in my area and any other areas where cosutomers may receive similar offers.

Discl: Still holding a small parcel of CEN
    Last edited by iceman; 23-07-2010 at 07:03 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    ....I cant help thinking...if my surname was Buffet.....I would be buying like a pig in muck........mmmm...does Buffet have 2 t's....
    Yes 2 t's,no milk or sugar.

I'll add another customer story into the mix. Recently moved into a large cold house with gas hot water heating in central Wellington. Did the rational thing and used powerswitch.org.nz to compare the different power and gas companies. We were unsurprisingly rated a heavy usage household and the calculator spat out the following figures:

Meridian: $2,950/yr (least expensive)
    Everyone else

Contact was the existing supplier to the house and thus has lost another connection. In the 3 years I have been in Wellington across 3 houses in different suburbs , Meridian has been consistently the cheapest supplier with Contact who are the incumbent for the area I believe consistently being the most expensive.