sharetrader
Page 106 of 240 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2400
    Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Coles Killer View Post
    Going to be interesting to see what happens without the influence of Origin on the board, will there be some blood letting in the board / management team, other than Mr Pryke?
    Certainly looks that way. I noticed that David Baldwin has sold all of his shares.

Advanced Member

Seems relatively chunky too, $100 mill is decent.
    Agree
    Their is great potential for a big lift in the sp in the next few months.
    A drought and high spot prices looks on the cards.
    Could soon be a drought of sellers soon-once those big aussie institutions stop trying to make big profits from their shares obtained from origin.

Banned

Yeah those institutions selling out must be weighing on the sp somewhat, as its hard to understand why Contact is sitting stubbornly at $5 otherwise. I do enjoy your optimism fish! But I wouldn't hazard a guess as to what's going to happen with the hydrology just yet. Ok El Nino, but the national storage at the moment is looking average, inflows are slightly lower than average but they tend to fluctuate quite a bit anyway.
    http://www.electricityinfo.co.nz/comitFta/ftaPage.hydrology

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Certainly, this should retrace the sp back into $6 mark in the near term.
    Buybacks really do seem to be a transfer of wealth from shareholders who hold on to shareholders they sell out. Price just jumped 3% and the buying hasn't even started yet.

Advanced Member

Yeah those institutions selling out must be weighing on the sp somewhat, as its hard to understand why Contact is sitting stubbornly at $5 otherwise. I do enjoy your optimism fish! But I wouldn't hazard a guess as to what's going to happen with the hydrology just yet. Ok El Nino, but the national storage at the moment is looking average, inflows are slightly lower than average but they tend to fluctuate quite a bit anyway.
    Monthly operational report out today fuels my optimism
    annual demand up 2% nationwide.
    Cost of generation down nearly 10% !
    average sales price up
    They have lost customers though
    They look well-positioned to improve profits-

Advanced Member

Monthly operational report out today fuels my optimism
    annual demand up 2% nationwide.
    Cost of generation down nearly 10% !
    average sales price up
    They have lost customers though
    They look well-positioned to improve profits-

Banned

yeah it is an all round better result really, although as you say, they've lost customers. Their cost to serve has gone up slightly though - I'm ignorant as to what this number actually reflects, but I thought they were trying to decrease this number by bringing in that SAP system.

But man, that is a lot more geothermal generation, 48GWh increase over Sep last year... less thermal but the less you run those thermal plants at the moment, the better I'd say.

Maybe your right fish, does seem to be shaping up to be a better year than last.

Investor

Love those two new appointments to the board they've announced today, Victoria Crone (Xero) and Rob Mcdonald (AIR). I think we're in good company with those two along with Sir Ralph as Chairman.

Guru

A lot of volume today? Someone big selling down into the buyback?

Investor

I reckon some of Aussies who got those cheap shares from Origin sell down might be booking in profit. Or else, why would you sell when the company is on buy back programme.