sharetrader
Page 107 of 240 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2400
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    I reckon some of Aussies who got those cheap shares from Origin sell down might be booking in profit. Or else, why would you sell when the company is on buy back programme.
    Probably because a buy-back tends to give support to the shareprice. An opportunity to sell for anyone waiting for such an opportunity.

IMO

Fantastic Craigs research on all the Electricity companies with buys on all. A few snippets on CEN
    should enjoy c.10% or more above average SI inflows as result of El Nino

MEL and CEN control 64 % of country's hydro ; generation to be normal to slightly elevated. CEN's Hydro Clyde and Roxburgh

Geothermal Te Mihi up and running with take or pay contracts reduced to better match medium term usage expectations

We expect CEN to benefit from SAP system helping reduce customer churn.

Cen nearing the end of its capex cycle we see room for further Dividend growth in near term.

Clutha is at 79% of long run averages a slight risk

Reduced FY16 forecast from $566 mill to $560 mill

Target price $6.22 unchanged

Total expected 1 year return 26.3%

Contact showing early signs of improvement after a BAD july.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Fantastic Craigs research on all the Electricity companies with buys on all.
    Any chance you could kindly post the Craigs report info on the other generators threads?

Nice to see the SP climbing gradually. Really can't understand why so many sellers since the buyback was announced. 15% into the buyback means there's a lot more room for the SP price to increase yet and better gains.....

Investor

All I can say is that some of those Instos bought into Origin sell down are taking profit. Once that sell down settles we will see $6 plus I believe. ASX listing surely didn't help the sp.

All I can say is that some of those Instos bought into Origin sell down are taking profit. Once that sell down settles we will see $6 plus I believe. ASX listing surely didn't help the sp.
    Makes my wonder why they don't want to take a bigger profit though - doesn't take a genius to figure out 20million share buy back will increase the price significantly. I nearly bought more but was rather heavily leveraged with them already and didn't want to have too many eggs in the basket. I agree, I can see getting near the $6 mark which makes me rather happy having bought in sub $5.

Investor

True they could look taking at bigger profit, guess it depends on their investment/fund objectives.

By my count they are 3.5 million shares into the buyback so just on 18% of the way there, had hoped the SP would have climbed a bit more but another way to look at it, the cheaper they get them the better the profitability and divvy's down the line. I am thinking of keeping a decent holding in the long term.

Investor

Bit frustrating isn't it, despite the buy-back sp sems to be moving sideways around that 5.10-5.15 range. Wonder who's doing all the selling?

On the doghouse

Bit frustrating isn't it, despite the buy-back sp sems to be moving sideways around that 5.10-5.15 range. Wonder who's doing all the selling?
    Did you see the 'Hunters Corner' article in the NBR last week? The short summary was normally unexcisable options became activated when Origin sold out. Unfortunately for those that had the options (senior managers) they are out of the money, but only just. By doing an on market buyback, managment can inch the share price higher into the $5.20 plus range, making the options viable. Of course, if the options were then exercised this would reverse much of the value of the on market buyback for Mum and Dad shareholders! Maybe some shareholders see this as a rort, indicative of future behaviour of the management of the company, and want out?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 10-11-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7