sharetrader
Page 111 of 240 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2400

Yes lots of action on and off market. Looks like a few insto's swapping views. Actually all of the Electricity sector hard hit this week. However provides a reasonable divi to keep us happy until sentiment recovers.

Veteran novice

I'm sure CEN will come right - once Ralph gets used to working for CEN and not Origin!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11558438

Picked up 8500 @ 4.62 partially funded by selling some TME shares. I am now skint. The only way I'll be investing anymore in anything is if I get some sort of return on the $620 I have in bonus bonds. I have spent the last couple of days reading about my new company and it's cool geothermal assets. Wow, it cost $623M to build Te Mihi. What a beautiful looking machine it is - like solar or wind will EVER be able to compete with that.

.........hearld quoting a 16.1% pa yield. Craigs quoting about 7%pa..............I somehow think the latter might be correct. Can't believe one party could get this so wrong. ( but which one)?? Not a shareholder so maybe someone can put this right.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .........hearld quoting a 16.1% pa yield. Craigs quoting about 7%pa..............I somehow think the latter might be correct. Can't believe one party could get this so wrong. ( but which one)?? Not a shareholder so maybe someone can put this right.
    I assume one is counting the 50c special dividend and the other isn't. That won't be happening every year so Craig's is the more realistic figure if you're looking forwards

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    I assume one is counting the 50c special dividend and the other isn't. That won't be happening every year so Craig's is the more realistic figure if you're looking forwards
    hi MFD.....yes I thought as much. Poor old Joe Blogs will now be jumping in tomorrow buying CEN thinking they are going to pick up a 16.1% yield......if I was that reporter I'd be bringing my Xmas holiday forward and skipping the country.......pretty shocking really to print that without fully researching the facts!!
    Have a Gr8day.

Handsome Member

Quite a few buybacks, was this expected?

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Quite a few buybacks, was this expected?
    This is part of a capital return to shareholders through an on-market buy-back of up to $100M / 25M shares

What would the sp be if they weren't buying. Insto's using the buyback as a good time to sell me thinks.

be curious as to why they would think it was a good time to sell? I would have thought the exact opposite.

I do wonder how much of the selling pressure is still the ex origin aspect cashing up

Quote Originally Posted by goldfish View Post
    What would the sp be if they weren't buying. Insto's using the buyback as a good time to sell me thinks.