sharetrader
Page 12 of 240 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I suspect that the news will flow thru in a positive way...
    My instincts told me it would too but I must admit to being puzzled as to how the Origin BG outcome should have benefitted the Cen s/p.
    Any comments?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by BDLBOM View Post
    My instincts told me it would too but I must admit to being puzzled as to how the Origin BG outcome should have benefitted the Cen s/p.
    Any comments?
    I suspect it's the excitement caused when a company ( or its parent, as in CEN's case ) is in play. Particularly when the Origin board has rejected the BG bid. A bit overdone IMO, it's the ORG coal seam methane that everyone wants and the CEN shareholding may be a bit irrelevant to another bidder, as it is/was to BG.
    Having said that, CEN remains a core portfolio stock for me.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Dang, I topped up yesterday at $9.10 on the back of falling lake levels. I hope today’s trading halt ends up being good news.
    Another trading halt today after a $13.8b takeover bid by Origin. Finally after getting hammered on this stock this month a cold front has come through and the SP has lifted to $8.46 after a low of $8.20 in the past month! Heaters on please folks!

Question CEN headed DOWN..

WELL the wick in the engine seems to have gone out, and looking at the terms of the Oz takeover they appears to be NO reason for an NZ t/o of CEN could be BIZ as usual for some time to come whatever happens in Oz so you have to look to CEN to stand on its own feet.

So BUY or look at the div is low and the price out look or headed for a three year low at BEST bet put on your RADAR..

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    WELL the wick in the engine seems to have gone out, and looking at the terms of the Oz takeover they appears to be NO reason for an NZ t/o of CEN could be BIZ as usual for some time to come whatever happens in Oz so you have to look to CEN to stand on its own feet.

So BUY or look at the div is low and the price out look or headed for a three year low at BEST bet put on your RADAR..
    Good call BRICKS. I finally agree with you on something. Will put CEN on radar also.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Cen has been on the watch list for a long while but now the Bricks indicator is suggesting a sell
    Possum The Cat

Thumbs up CAT is realy a MOUSE

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Cen has been on the watch list for a long while but now the Bricks indicator is suggesting a sell
    HOPING you sell your`s CAT. and bring on that lower s/price but as usual your got none and probably dont have two bob to RUB together just try and contribute SOMETIMES..

Cool Cen Dumped..

WELL its been said nobody wants CEN, alive or dead with a 65% holding they cant sell as a whole other wise the buyer has to take 100% of the company not these days so its nose dive time, but on the good side is its a top company if only the Div rate was higher..

Mite be a couple of 19% buyers hanging around so we will just have to WATCH..

Just have to wait for it to bottom out mate. Not yet seen the bottom.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Cool Cen Dumped..

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    WELL its been said nobody wants CEN, alive or dead with a 65% holding they cant sell as a whole other wise the buyer has to take 100% of the company not these days so its nose dive time, but on the good side is its a top company if only the Div rate was higher..

Mite be a couple of 19% buyers hanging around so we will just have to WATCH..
    SAY it one more time to clear things " Its nose dive time.. " got it DOC..