sharetrader
Page 121 of 240 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Another attempt to push through 4.50 mark has been squashed again.
    Wait for Tiwai Pt contract to finalise and all the generator stocks will get a lift

Market sentiment against CEN is disproportionately high IMO.

If CEN invested in a PR firm to review their market release text before publishing it, they would be half way there. Often the way something is said effects the way the message received. CEN have used some poor language over the past 3 months

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    Wait for Tiwai Pt contract to finalise and all the generator stocks will get a lift

Market sentiment against CEN is disproportionately high IMO.

If CEN invested in a PR firm to review their market release text before publishing it, they would be half way there. Often the way something is said effects the way the message received. CEN have used some poor language over the past 3 months
    True, seem as though the Origin hangover is still haunting them both from selling pressure and old PR habits.

Investor

Punters warming upto this one in light of low interest environments perhaps?

Good push through today on back of large volume too...

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Punters warming upto this one in light of low interest environments perhaps?

Good push through today on back of large volume too...
    problem is every time they show any increase in SP the profit takers sell out pushing it back down so I am not holding my breath....

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    problem is every time they show any increase in SP the profit takers sell out pushing it back down so I am not holding my breath....
    I'm guessing you are a long term holder in CEN for the dividend stream by the way you refer to "profit takers", so SP is somewhat irrelevant for you. Remember you don't make a loss (or a profit) until you actually sell your shares - at which point you also become one of those "profit takers" you refer to......

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    I'm guessing you are a long term holder in CEN for the dividend stream by the way you refer to "profit takers", so SP is somewhat irrelevant for you. Remember you don't make a loss (or a profit) until you actually sell your shares - at which point you also become one of those "profit takers" you refer to......
    haha - indeed

Not long term but have bought in at various levels increasing holdings substantially the last couple of months which I had anticipated to do better but the last couple of months have had good gains, preceding couple of months not so good.

Nothing wrong with the profit takers - buying in at the last bottom and selling at 4.60 with an 11c divvy is something to be happy about. Just stating the obvious and cant really see the SP rising much anytime soon without an announcement that bolsters it. Seen it be subject to some big volumes every time it starts looking like climbing but that's the game we play.

I am happy I held on to the last lot I bought in at particularly bearing in mind it has increased since going ex divvy.

Investor

Might see the 5 in front of sp sooner by the looks...

Operational data out this morning - good to see they have actually added customer numbers, up 500 from last month. Overall volumes up but so was the generation costs.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Operational data out this morning - good to see they have actually added customer numbers, up 500 from last month. Overall volumes up but so was the generation costs.
    Demand nationally is creeping up so will be good for all power companies.
    CEN having hydro and geothermal must be alow cost generator.
    /sounds like the lakes are high for time of year and they could increase hydro at no extra cost.
    Still very undervalued

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Still very undervalued
    Buy back must be nearing completion which must be supporting the shareprice to some extent?