sharetrader
Page 123 of 240 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2400

Giday ..I'm sure that this issue has been arisen before ...apologies...On the CEN website it states something along the lines that the share buyback will be monitored to ensure that same will not effect the SP of CEN.
    I'm not complaining but how can you by back 12m (?) shares and dissolve same and not effect the SP....has anyone done the numbers..cheers troy

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Giday ..I'm sure that this issue has been arisen before ...apologies...On the CEN website it states something along the lines that the share buyback will be monitored to ensure that same will not effect the SP of CEN.
    I'm not complaining but how can you by back 12m (?) shares and dissolve same and not effect the SP....has anyone done the numbers..cheers troy
    " Contact will adhere to an established set of principles that will ensure the buyback does not distort the market price for shares."

Yes, the buyback should affect the share price, this has to be undertaken in a measured and reasonable manner.
    Last edited by Hectorplains; 05-04-2016 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Counting up they must be into the last one million dollars to go on the share buyback.

Wonder how the price will hold up.
    https://nzx.com/companies/CEN/announcements/280326

There we've it, buyback finished. On that note, I'm out as well.

Yep, I did too this week but more due to wanting to shed my buy and hold shares, might come back in but happy to sit back and see how things unfold. I still think that CEN is undervalued and looking ahead anticipate a good end of year report if they can increase customer base.

Investor

Yep, I did too this week but more due to wanting to shed my buy and hold shares, might come back in but happy to sit back and see how things unfold. I still think that CEN is undervalued and looking ahead anticipate a good end of year report if they can increase customer base.
    For me, the return isn't commensurate with capital employed. Plus there is increased competition from small retailers who've lower costs compared to the big ones.

Its getting big overweight for my investment objectives, hence needed to release the capital.

I still think that CEN is undervalued and looking ahead anticipate a good end of year report if they can increase customer base.
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/233927.pdf. Electricity numbers up by 1K on the month, still down 11K on the year. Heading the right way though! Gas customer base static. They've undertaken a heavy advertising load to pretty much hold the status quo.

Disc: Holding but thinking...

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/233927.pdf. Electricity numbers up by 1K on the month, still down 11K on the year. Heading the right way though! Gas customer base static. They've undertaken a heavy advertising load to pretty much hold the status quo.

Disc: Holding but thinking...
    Not much happening here me thinks, the sp has stuck in that 4.95-5 range for a while now. I'm picking it might start to move on some positive announcement from the company now that buy back has ended.

$5 it is

Lets see if it holds but either way its been a good few weeks.... finally

Keep CALM
    and
    Stay Above
    $5

Still undervalued in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Still undervalued in my books.
    Someone's listening, up 10c /2% on the day. I doubt that this Indian Summer is doing them any favours.