sharetrader
Page 13 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

A nice bounce off the previous low at 7.11 right before all this commodity correction chaos. My trend following indicators gave off a buy on this today. Risk reward for this is kinda crappy though, and it's on the NZX which makes it even more unappealing.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

CEN shares look poised to have another crack at $9 and beyond. Anyone out there share the same opinion?

Phaedrus any chance of a chart update?

Thanks
    FYA4999
    FYA

Quote Originally Posted by FYA4999 View Post
    CEN shares look poised to have another crack at $9 and beyond. Anyone out there share the same opinion?
    I Hope so. I bought earlier in the year at $7.90 and topped up at $9.10 on the back of lake levels. Trouble is there is loads of snow waiting to melt this spring so there won’t be any shortage of hydro next year. And I’m not sure the new Emissions Trading scheme is going to do CEN any favours.

Advanced Member

Default CEN Chart.

CEN has been range-bound for quite a while now, but the range is wide enough to trade profitably. This chart shows 7 indicators suitable for that purpose, but you would have no trouble finding plenty more that were just as good and gave similar signals. Users of such systems would currently be holding CEN, having bought in July. You can see that current price action is such that none of the featured indicators are anywhere near triggering a Sell signal.

Awesome. Thanks Phaedrus.
    FYA

Guru

Bizzare decision to ram the increased directors fees through, and then back down the same day! Good on those shareholders who fought against it.

Tim Saunders said he was underpaid - ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Bizzare decision to ram the increased directors fees through, and then back down the same day! Good on those shareholders who fought against it.

One word, arrogance!
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    One word, arrogance!
    One word.....Feltex

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post

Company announcement only undertakes not to increase base directors' fees, at this time.

I heard on talkback radio that a large number of retail clients have switch from CEN to other power supplier. Contact is losing their retail client base quickly. Maybe time for the directors to go?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.