sharetrader
Page 219 of 240 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2400

I don't really know what this means but it sounds interesting -

Geothermal energy NZ – the good news and the bad news

Gary Mersham, PhDClick here to view Gary Mersham, PhD’S profile
    Gary Mersham, PhD
    Advisor at Verdure, Futurize.io
    Published Mar 13, 2022

New Zealand has had a head start in Geothermal energy. The original Wairakei plant in New Zealand, the first large-scale plant in the world, has been operating for over 60 years.

Experimental schemes have been developed in several parts of the World including Europe and Australia. Flow rates achieved and the cost of drilling to such depths has meant that the economics of such schemes are unfavourable here and MBIE commissioned research from 2020 concludes that very unlikely that such projects would become economically feasible in New Zealand.

But they say that there is potential to take up existing technology which has not been widely used New Zealand, but like all energy technologies it will be determined by cost and regulatory environment.

For example, a high carbon tax would make carbon capture and sequestration/storage feasible, but it would disadvantage geothermal plants with higher emission intensities) relative to other renewables such as wind, which have no operational Greenhouse Gas emissions.

New Zealand taking a leading role in controlling deposition of silica and other deleterious minerals in the waste stream, This is the Geo40 process, which produces a commercial silica product currently being trialled in NZ .

So, while the potential for projects outside the known high temperature areas in New Zealand is very limited, but the researchers argue that there is potential for:

*new technology to increase existing geothermal generation capacity

*geothermal generation to be extended to areas outside the existing Rotorua-Taupōand Ngāwhā areas.

*geothermal to generate in a load-following manner, to compensate for intermittency of other electricity sources.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

CEO Mike Fuge on Sharesies' Shared Lunch proramme 10 March 2022:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwNjqt704jI

He's a good speaker I think, a good mix of casual and knowledgable. Pity about the laggy connection at the beginning, not the best advertisement for Contact's broadband offering.

Dilettante

Very pleasing to see shares issued today under the reinstated DRP after many years of suspension. Been adding a few here and there on dips under $7.90 . A steady long term hold in my view, particularly given our unstable global and inflationary environment and the DRP just adds a bit to that fairly reliable return and steady dividends.

Guru

Some chit chat....wonder where it goes.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...be39cfd99d119b

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Some chit chat....wonder where it goes.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...be39cfd99d119b
    ?another regional council exerting ‘power”-using a 1 in 5 year chance to get cen to spend money locally and getting amenities.
    Not that I see anything wrong with it

Advanced Member

Been buying in to CEN for last 6 weeks from 6.95 and looking forward to big div. And ex div in about 4 weeks.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Been buying in to CEN for last 6 weeks from 6.95 and looking forward to big div. And ex div in about 4 weeks.
    Whats your expectation of SP before going ex div ...Div most likely will be 21 cents ...Me think 7.80 possible !!

Also u want to sell cum div or ex div for best trading advantage ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Whats your expectation of SP before going ex div ...Div most likely will be 21 cents ...Me think 7.80 possible !!

It's a log story, and I haven't got out of bed yet. Which part of NZ do you live? Maybe set up a ST meeting somewhere.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    It's a log story, and I haven't got out of bed yet. Which part of NZ do you live? Maybe set up a ST meeting somewhere.
    Looks like u dont want to share your strategy ...lol

Dont worry I am not that big player in the market who can skittle your plans by front running u ....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post

At the rate its going, It wouldn't surprise me if it hit $7.80- $8 before ex div day. 2 years ago on the 10/7/20 sp= $5.57c the low for the day. The day before ex div day 25/8/20 sp= $6.46c then on 12/10/20 sp closed at $8.10c. Then on 8/1/21 sp hit $11.16c high for that day and closed at $10.75c, but there was a reason for this big gain over a short time.
    Last edited by see weed; 29-07-2022 at 11:51 AM.