sharetrader
Page 26 of 240 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Hey,
    Just a question, I have 6 rights (haha, I only own 48 shares from the bonus issue) , if I choose to sell my rights, DB will charge me $30 wont they?
    Or if I choose to buy only 6 shares for $5.05 I will be charged then too. I was just wondering, because these are renounceable, can I just do nothing and get paid out my $5 worth, without being charged a transaction fee higher than what my rights are worth...?

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo56 View Post
    Hey,
    Just a question, I have 6 rights (haha, I only own 48 shares from the bonus issue) ,

if I choose to sell my rights, DB will charge me $30 wont they? Probably so not really an option

Or if I choose to buy only 6 shares for $5.05 I will be charged then too. Buy the 6 shares at $5.05 in the rights issue and no brokerage etc

I was just wondering, because these are renounceable, can I just do nothing and get paid out my $5 worth, If you do nothing you will get athe difference between what the book build price is and $5.05 (not $5.05) so you could be in for a windfall of 30 cents or something

without being charged a transaction fee higher than what my rights are worth...?
    as above in red

percy

Pay the $5.05 per share and take up your rights,or do nothing and CEN will sell them, and send you a cheque.I would take them up.$30.30 and no brokerage.Usually/sometimes shares will rise once rights issue is out of the way.I also think CEN is a good share to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Pay the $5.05 per share and take up your rights,or do nothing and CEN will sell them, and send you a cheque.I would take them up.$30.30 and no brokerage.Usually/sometimes shares will rise once rights issue is out of the way.I also think CEN is a good share to hold.
    I don't think he would get the $5.05 .... only the difference between the bookbuild price and the $5.05 ... so if the instos buy the shares not taken up at $5.10 gonzo would get 30 cents ......... afterall the right to buy at $5.05 has been foregone

Then again I may be completely and utterly wrong

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I don't think he would get the $5.05 .... only the difference between the bookbuild price and the $5.05 ... so if the instos buy the shares not taken up at $5.10 gonzo would get 30 cents ......... afterall the right to buy at $5.05 has been foregone

You're right there, winner.

In theory, the bookbuild should see a price close to but probably a little less than $5.05 plus the last price at which the rights trade. Again, assuming that the rights are somewhere around 85c, the 6 rights will be worth a total of something around $5 to the lucky owner!

Update; Rights are a bit stronger today - trading at 93c.
    Last edited by macduffy; 09-05-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    You're right there, winner.

In theory, the bookbuild should see a price close to but probably a little less than $5.05 plus the last price at which the rights trade. Again, assuming that the rights are somewhere around 85c, the 6 rights will be worth a total of something around $5 to the lucky owner!
    That would mean the instos paying full price for the shares .... and not getting their hands on the cheap ones eh

Soome I have seen in Aust the bookbuild price has not been much more than the price offered .... my bet in this case is $5.10 and gonzo gets 30 cents .... hope he is set up for direct crediting otherwise a lot of paperwork and all that sort of stuff eh

percy

Sorry I did not make my post clear. He would get 30 cents.Gonzo,I would take them up,also take dividend reinvestment and your holding will grow,without further funds from you.

Thanks everyone, I will take them up at $5.05. Thats good there is no transaction fee. How do you actually do it?

Veteran novice

That would mean the instos paying full price for the shares .... and not getting their hands on the cheap ones eh

Soome I have seen in Aust the bookbuild price has not been much more than the price offered .... my bet in this case is $5.10 and gonzo gets 30 cents .... hope he is set up for direct crediting otherwise a lot of paperwork and all that sort of stuff eh
    Well, we'll have to wait and see.

With the rights trading now at 93c - an all-up price of $5.98 to the buyer - I'd be mightily surprised if the bookbuild came out at around $5.10, which it would have to if gonzo is only to get 30c total for his 6 rights!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo56 View Post
    Thanks everyone, I will take them up at $5.05. Thats good there is no transaction fee. How do you actually do it?
    They will send you the paperwork.You sign it,and return it with a cheque.