sharetrader
Page 43 of 240 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

...for what its worth...in very recent times I have been in communication with CEN ...(and having been comforted by those folk with whom I have spoken to that ...they to are disheartened by the circumstances leading to the current ongoing collapse of the SP)....that perhaps (acknowledging various constraints).......we can expect a flurry....nay....a deluge of annoucements indicating purchases by those running this outfit that they increased there holdings in CEN...personally....

..now that would be a relief.....

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    ...for what its worth...in very recent times I have been in communication with CEN ...(and having been comforted by those folk with whom I have spoken to that ...they to are disheartened by the circumstances leading to the current ongoing collapse of the SP)....that perhaps (acknowledging various constraints).......we can expect a flurry....nay....a deluge of annoucements indicating purchases by those running this outfit that they increased there holdings in CEN...personally....

..now that would be a relief.....
    Hi troyvdh, are you saying Contatct energy employees told you that insiders may soon be buying up CEN stock?

....not at all....an employee expressed disappointment about the SP....it is entirely my inference that should CEN employees purchase some shares ...given the historic low SP...then ...that would be a relief/expression of support ..."skin in the game"...et al...

Quote Originally Posted by David B View Post
    Any thoughts on what will happen to the SP once the other SOE power companies are partially privatised by the Govt. over the next year or two? The NZX will suddenly have a lot of power generators in the NZX top 50 for what is really a pretty small sharemarket! More pressure to come on CEN's SP?
    Origin will launch their 3rd ( or 4th?? ) takeover attempt!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    Origin will launch their 3rd ( or 4th?? ) takeover attempt!
    As I have said before the most strategic time for the takeover will be middle of this year (low sp and profits down-shareholders more likely to jump into a lowish takeover offer if they can reinvest capital and profits into mighty river )
    Next year profits are likely to rise a lot with more geothermal providing stable predictable energy -as well as energy price rises greater than inflation -and mighty river which looks the best SOE gone-ie no longer a cheap entry .

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    ....not at all....an employee expressed disappointment about the SP....it is entirely my inference that should CEN employees purchase some shares ...given the historic low SP...then ...that would be a relief/expression of support ..."skin in the game"...et al...
    Cheers Troyvdh, I work for Origin energy, was just a bit concerned someone might be leaking sensitive information.
    I get to do all the fun valuation modelling of the generation portfolio. Unfortunately I haven’t had a lot to do with CEN side of things though.

,,,,really is that your job...how exciting....could you not look over a mates shoulder.....and sniff out if Origin are intending to make (another) bid....you must surely be able to determine ...ball park figures accepted...if a company like CEN fullfills any criteria that Origin may be exploring.....we on this side of the ditch are convinced that another "low ball offer" is imminent......Im pretty emotional about this company having spent heaps of family time down in central otago...

Never really followed CEN but hard to believe that their shareprice was about $10 not that long ago .... and today isn't much more than it was 9 years ago

Whats happened

....gee thats a bit under the belt....are you "Balance2".....actually you do have a point....a very sore point....on the face of it this is a company that owns a big dam...that was very very very very very expensive to build...(like 12 months of pouring concrete down into...well....no one is sure...anyways it was/is a big hole)....and it produces electricity quite reliably...from (Lakes Wakatipu,Wanaka and Hawea....Hawea being the only one damned).... CEN has other investments (going forward.....vomit)...now is it unreasonable to expect that is a company that could be a prudent and wise investment...(the words "blue chip"...somehow induces more vomit) ....anyways I have always thought so...that aside the political/MKT regulation declaration decrees....and the on going suspicion that Origin will put together another low ball offer ...have combined to smother this company to smitherians.Im not sure anymore what will determine the fate of this company...cheers

...thats what happened in my view anyways...

Veteran novice

CEN "unhappy" with NZX' new ruling on index weightings.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10795539

This company seems to have finally realised that it has customers - but still has a long way to go to recover its former status.
    As for Origin's majority shareholding and possible future plans, I remain convinced that they have bigger fish to fry at home before committing themselves any further to CEN.