sharetrader
Page 48 of 240 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

..gee CEN has been thrashed again...excitement about higher divs have evaporated....blah blah....but I suppose ..as i said to mate about banks offering 5.9 % for 5 years for mortgages...I suppose there is very good reason for that..."things" are probably going to be quite flat for a while...at least for energy supply ...hopefully the div of 4.5 % (net) plus will excite some plus the promise of more and better to come...

...I agree with Mr Gaynor...folk will "have to"...look at shares that offer better rates than banks....

...Im actually heading to Alex tomorrow...I hear the lakes there are filling up..could be great viewing....and I believe that Pukaki and Tekapo have the "taps " wide open...great stuff....cheers troy

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    ..gee CEN has been thrashed again...excitement about higher divs have evaporated....blah blah....but I suppose ..as i said to mate about banks offering 5.9 % for 5 years for mortgages...I suppose there is very good reason for that..."things" are probably going to be quite flat for a while...at least for energy supply ...hopefully the div of 4.5 % (net) plus will excite some plus the promise of more and better to come...

...I agree with Mr Gaynor...folk will "have to"...look at shares that offer better rates than banks....

...Im actually heading to Alex tomorrow...I hear the lakes there are filling up..could be great viewing....and I believe that Pukaki and Tekapo have the "taps " wide open...great stuff....cheers troy
    Troy are you still keeping an eye on the lakes?
    Looks to me on the weather charts that the SI has had all the rain and the N.Island catchments are parched.
    If so could be a very bad year for trustpower and a bumper year for CEN.
    Long range forcasts are to stay much the same-in fact looks as if NI will be dry for rest of February so should be a windfall for cen.
    Then we have Te Mihi coming on line and the investments made over the last 5 years returning an increased dividend.
    I am wondering if april.s dividend will be increased ?

gee thanks for that....when in alex....the overspill from the Clyde dam was indeed impressive....CEN has indicated that cap ital spending has ceased and that divs are to be increased....not being a conspriacy bloke by any means...but i cannot help thinking that Origin are beavouring away at keeping the SP low.....blah blah...cheers

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    gee thanks for that....when in alex....the overspill from the Clyde dam was indeed impressive....CEN has indicated that cap ital spending has ceased and that divs are to be increased....not being a conspriacy bloke by any means...but i cannot help thinking that Origin are beavouring away at keeping the SP low.....blah blah...cheers
    I cant pretend to anticipate origin strategy but do not believe a takeover offer is likely soon-unless they see a mighty river power float as the last opp.to get a cheap price.
    have just perused cen websit-1/2 year report out tues andit says next dividend is bring paid in march-not april as i thought .

Dilettante

CEN has just announced cost cutting with plans to cut around 10% of its workforce throughout the organisation. Blaming flat or lowering electricity demand ! Probably understandable that this is happening with previous announcements of no more generation investment and low demand.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Drongo View Post
    They will make money out of this one, so will I, but my wifes job could be in jeopardy...
    Agree Drongo. I am content with this decision, both as a shareholder and a customer

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Agree Drongo. I am content with this decision, both as a shareholder and a customer
    This market is so perverse and ignores the fundamentals-perhaps the high nz dollar is encouraging overseas profit taking . With hydrolake inflows on the steepest downfall I have ever seen and lightwinds and no sign of rain wholesale power prices are rising and I suspect will be redhot by the end of the week . This will lead to bumper profits for cen who are ideally placed to take advantage with cheap gas storage and reservoirs in south island still plenty of potential reserve power to take advantage of very high prices to come .

I cant resist buying in this kind situation and got more for 506 cents-with a dividend due in april and rising dividends more likely than not i was perplexed as to why the sp fell this afternoon. On my buy note I see there were a number of small trades at the same amount .

Wonder if there are a few UK sellers who are taking a profit on the exchange rate ?

that result will put a rocket under the shareprice ... 550 by end of week and maybe 600 by easter

and then evrybody will get excited about mighty river et al

...I would love to know what the rational for selling yesterday was....

A great result considering the flat electricity market.