sharetrader
Page 50 of 240 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Desperate for customers had the Contact Door Knockers again last night average at least once a month. Would a price cut be a better answer to their obvious lack of customers?
    Possum The Cat

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Desperate for customers had the Contact Door Knockers again last night average at least once a month. Would a price cut be a better answer to their obvious lack of customers?
    I think they all do that PTC. Trustpower regularly calls me to try and get me to change. As a customer I am very disappointed with this increase and as a shareholder I question whether it is necessary and whether the timing of it is risking backlash.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think you might be right about the possibility of increased dividend fish. I got the same letter this morning and was surprised to see an increase of 10.1%. That combined with job losses, dry weather, no further capacity investment and geothermal coming on line, CEN is certainly a good share to hold. I just hope this doesn't bring on a consumer backlash like we have experienced before. As a consumer, I will be comparing the new charges to other suppliers in my area !
    I must be the lucky one!

My letter from Contact this morning announced an increase of only 1.44% - and attributed that to an increase in price charged by the local lines company. But I do seem to remember another increase in the recent past. For another valid reason, no doubt!

The persistent door-knocker in my case seems to be Meridian. Because we have gas water and space heating, Contact offer the best combined deal - others have offered to provide cheaper electricity but the gas price/provision has them beaten, particularly when CEN's online billing/direct debit payment "discount" is taken into account.

Meanwhile, I kid myself that I have some sort of hedge in holding CEN shares.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I must be the lucky one!

My letter from Contact this morning announced an increase of only 1.44% - and attributed that to an increase in price charged by the local lines company. But I do seem to remember another increase in the recent past. For another valid reason, no doubt!

The persistent door-knocker in my case seems to be Meridian. Because we have gas water and space heating, Contact offer the best combined deal - others have offered to provide cheaper electricity but the gas price/provision has them beaten, particularly when CEN's online billing/direct debit payment "discount" is taken into account.

Meanwhile, I kid myself that I have some sort of hedge in holding CEN shares.
    The recent increase you remember is the removal of the dual fuel discount. They did offer another discount in its place but if you already got the online/direct payment discount, you got no benefit.

Given everyone's (john campbells at least) moaning about the price of electricity, it is very competitive and it differs by area as well.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

ICEMAN If they stopped wasting money doing this they could bring the price down & so possibly be competitive. As the power price comparison web site I use usually makes them the dearest unless you buy gas off them. Mercury has announced a price cut as from 1st of April
    Possum The Cat

MAC DUFFY others are passing on a decrease in lines charges where I live
    Possum The Cat

Dilettante

ICEMAN If they stopped wasting money doing this they could bring the price down & so possibly be competitive. As the power price comparison web site I use usually makes them the dearest unless you buy gas off them. Mercury has announced a price cut as from 1st of April
    I've just checked on the Powerswitch website and with the 23% online and prompt payment discount from Contact, it is still the cheapest plan I can get here in Nelson, despite this steep increase

Iceman unfortunately I do not reside in Nelson & I assume they do not go door knocking every month there.
    Possum The Cat

Advanced Member

Iceman unfortunately I do not reside in Nelson & I assume they do not go door knocking every month there.
    I suspect you would find cen the cheapest around if you count the prompt payment discount .They have a great web site and helpful customer relations .

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Drongo View Post
    down 25c at close
    Finished the day where is started didn't it ?