sharetrader
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: OTI

I topped up yesterday and may buy more if price tanks

This is interesting ....

"The analysts do point out that battery producers have started to look for alternatives, principally nickel and manganese, for battery applications where performance characteristics are considered less critical because of the current high price of cobalt."

full story at

http://www.aireview.com/index.php?ac...catid=5&id=475
    Cheers

TheKiwi
    www.infobahn.co.nz

With the recent volatility in OTI I had a look at the weekly charts and I see that technically OTI has been a buy since about May 03 when the 8,13,26 week MA's began to rise. The 26 week MA is still rising and is at $0.172. The share price is dropping back to that level. Any support there on decent volume would be a good buy signal.
    Fundamentalists who believe in the company will just go ahead and buy anyway.

Hi all. --
    need to clarifymy last few posts.

Fellow posters, asked me to report anything I might find out, discover or ascertain.

My last few posts are really just that.
    To put it plainly, I am now not a short term Bull on OTI --and I provide my embarassed "egg ON MY FACE"- revised downwards new valuation-and for the short term, financially depressing opinion on OTI--in the light of feedback fellow posters asked me to me see what I could come up with from my investigations and enquiries.

To do otherwise would not be fair--that is, to just be recklessly bullish and then accused of "ramping" OTI....I have a deep respect for fellow Sharetraders and as a feed-back to readers,
    I feel it is only ethical & fair to now call OTI as I find it to now unfortunately be--(for the short term at least). To keep being too optimistic or bullish, --on OTI now, would be contrary to my now current view...but instead as a fair thing to do, I would like to
    to report the revised opinion/news/feedback/information
    analysis or whatever as newly found, discovered or heard on the grapevine--so as NOT to be acused as ramping--

Hope that helps a bit,

cheers,

Robbo
    DISCLAIMER
    The above opinions are NOT to be construed as advice or financial advice and said on a totally "without prejudice" basis. They are strictly the persoanl opinions and thoughts of the author, and should not be relied upon in nay way whatsoever.
    Robbo

Well that's very humble of you ,davidrob, The 26 week MA is now at about where Dimebag reckons fair value to be.

The price was up the previous day, as I got my friend to buy (only sale that day). Unfortunately, I dont have any friends to shell out a million or so...

Report out...
    Revenue up 14.9%
    Net Profit down 104.7%
    Cash at Bank... a tad over 7.5mill... increased... (looking for other buying opportunities?
    Cash Flows from operating activities down abt 50%, cashflows from investing activities increased by abt 5mill from -200,000 in Dec 2003.
    Undisputed 2006 World Cup Premierleague Champion

eps -5 cents down for the half from 116 cents end of 2003.
    Undisputed 2006 World Cup Premierleague Champion

Nothing new in the report? Except some potential acquisition, maybe?

OUCH... "yep...."

Its a bit of a doozy I guess....and that Dark Cloud of a depressingly negative 20% of all Profits going to CVIC has got 'em over a worrying barrel.

They won't ever get Big Investors with that "nasty" hanging around like a VERY bad smell--what is the Legal/liquidation position on this CVIC debt/obligation/nasty overhang/skeleton in the cupboard...in relation to EVER[?]being able to get rid of this monkey on OTI's back & jettisoning this Negative seemingly intransigent and... ongoing Debt/Obligation of 20% of all ongoing profits--yuk !--[}][}]--for ever[?][?]..liability?

Any thoughts out there, as its got me very worried and a bit stumped to be brutally honest.

I was thinking of suggesting OTI re-locating the Head Office to the Netherlands--but that starts to look like the 'hard...ie' option these days[B)][B)]--BAD IDEA[8D][8]

Sure shows how the one who controls supply can kick your ASS very hard---He who controls PRICING (Lead)& controls the Market and Profit/Loss--and the lead price is certainly going to have to be factored into the re-pricing of batteries...if head-way is to be made....

I was previously hoping OTI to be out of this BLACK HOLE in another 6-9 months..thinking now more like 18-24-30 months to be frank...very long-haul; on re-consideration...glad I'm VERY patient sort of chap--NOT !![}]; as these issues are unfortunately structural; and will need ironing out over the longer term now I'm afraid to say--(in my opinion)

feeling a bit/very flat over OTI overall,[}][}][B)]

but them's the breaks--bugger

glad still have/like: FAN, OCL, FWD, GUD, ASTRON and PPR, TRS and Photon.(and a few others in the little black book !!)

Robbo
    DISCLAIMER

PLEASE ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH

The above comments are not to be construed as financial advice in any way whatsoever, and are said on a "without prejudice basis" and should not be relied upon in any way whatsoever; as they are only the personally expressed opinions, ruminations and whimsical ideas and thoughts of this writer only."

Robbo.

quote:Originally posted by Cooper

Report out...
    Revenue up 14.9%
    Net Profit down 104.7%
    Cash at Bank... a tad over 7.5mill... increased... (looking for other buying opportunities?
    Cash Flows from operating activities down abt 50%, cashflows from investing activities increased by abt 5mill from -200,000 in Dec 2003.
    Robbo