sharetrader
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Does anyone have any opinions they'd like to share around how many tests they expect peb to sell in the next 12 months, given recent developments?
    2.27 Swans
    om mani peme hum

Would just like to take my hat off to Balance for showing humility and giving credit to how things are playing out now. Has been a long road for many. Few more miles to go but getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuba View Post
    Would just like to take my hat off to Balance for showing humility and giving credit to how things are playing out now. Has been a long road for many. Few more miles to go but getting there.
    Have learnt the hard lesson to not buy or stay in stocks like PEB on the way down when the story changes from positive to negative, but to invest on the way up as the story gets better and better.

This strategy is to let those who are prepared to bear the risk (and pain) to take the loss or the first 100% upside on a speculative stock like PEB but ride the next 1000% by buying off the hardy (or foolish) risk takers when the story turns.

I must say that I am surprised at how quickly the sp has spiked upwards in a matter of less than 2 months with the 3 positive announcements to date.

There have been over 400m shares issued in the last 6 years at between 10c to 61c, and I would have thought that there would be enough profit takers to provide stock at various points on the way up when the story turns.

Has not turned out to be the case with the sp doubling and doubling again with the first two announcements.

Certainly points towards the big shareholders staying in for the long haul - guess they have suffered and endured 6 long years of non-performance so they must assess the upside from here to be much more than just recovering the money they have put in!
    Last edited by Balance; 27-07-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Have learnt the hard lesson to not buy stocks like PEB on the way down when the story changes, but to invest on the way up as the story gets better and better.

I must say that I am surprised at just how quickly the sp has spiked upwards in a matter of 2 months with the 3 positive announcements to date.
    Agree..... it's all about the trend. For the last 6 years (or so) PEB has been on a down trend.

The following TA chart shows just quickly PEB changed from this prolonged downtrend via a 'golden cross' in May of this year. This crossing and the large volumes that started trading along with a sharply rising MACD in June/July show an almost classic trend reversal.

Attachment 11813

For those of us who are holding it's now just a matter of sitting tight and riding the rising trend. (Maybe buying more on positive news.)

It's all about DCA and keeping a 'safety margin' between your average holding SP and the current market SP.

GLH.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 27-07-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Have learnt the hard lesson to not buy or stay in stocks like PEB on the way down when the story changes from positive to negative, but to invest on the way up as the story gets better and better.
    I think that it is best to stay away from IPOs in general. Always too much hype and expectation from investors particularly for the “back door jobs”. When the dust settles good Opportunities may present themselves. PEB is a good example. I dabbled with it a few years ago and got out at a loss. Purchased again at 26 c after the good news about kaiser. Plexure also shows some promise although the jury is still out. I am also very interested in Bliss,Ike and QEX.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Agree..... it's all about the trend. For the last 6 years (or so) PEB has been on a down trend.

The following TA chart shows just quickly PEB changed from this prolonged downtrend via a 'golden cross' in May of this year. This crossing and the large volumes that started trading along with a sharply rising MACD in June/July show an almost classic trend reversal.

Attachment 11813

For those of us who are holding it's now just a matter of sitting tight and riding the rising trend. (Maybe buying more on positive news.)

It's all about DCA and keeping a 'safety margin' between your average holding SP and the current market SP.

GLH.
    and it aint going to stop here , will be north of a buck before this year is out !

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    and it aint going to stop here , will be north of a buck before this year is out !
    Wow.great open.it could be a buck by the end of the month!!!

Guru

Looks like the sharsies mob have caught the bug, up 11% already.
    Last edited by whatsup; 27-07-2020 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling !!

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Just some general thoughts.
    If PEB became a buyout target in next 12-24 months, in order to justify a SP of >$1 it would need to generate annual revenue in the vicinity of USD$180M
    This would mean an annual turnover of tests in the range of 220,000-250,000. I believe the number of cases of BC would justify this (isn't it 800,000 cases with 80,000 new p.a?). Each case would be tested more than once.
    Biotechs will be bought in general for 4-4.5x ann rev if the product is guideline indicated and ins covered. They have one of those two.
    Markets are funny things but imo they really need to get guideline support to justify going over $1

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Looks line the sharsies mob have caught the bug, up 11% already.
    Well, if the sharesies mob are spending an average of circa $350 each in order to get circa 500 shares and its pushing the long termers' holdings up 11% (today so far)...then all power to them. I hope they tell their mates about PEB!