sharetrader
Page 1137 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 1376371037108711271133113411351136113711381139114011411147 ... LastLast
Results 17,041 to 17,055 of 17460
  1. #17041
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "An INVESTMENT is an asset or item acquired with the goal of generating income or appreciation."
    "In an economic sense,an INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth."
    Therefore PEB being a destructor of wealth, should never be called an INVESTMENT.
    Perhaps if they were registered as a charity, your foolish contributions would be tax deductible.
    As that is not the case, your money is being thrown away,by backing people who have a record of failure.
    Only time will tell.

    And my contribution or "losses" will be tax deductible. Because I am subject to Capital Gains.

  2. #17042
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Only time will tell.

    And my contribution or "losses" will be tax deductible. Because I am subject to Capital Gains.
    O so you are not a NZ resident for tax purposes?

  3. #17043
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Carpenter Joe, if you are employed by PEB in any way, I believe you should disclose this, rather than hype up the stock.
    I don't think he was hyping the stock. You claimed the product had been superseded, he asked you for evidence, and instead of providing it, you fudged and then attacked him.

  4. #17044
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    O so you are not a NZ resident for tax purposes?
    That's right.

    Even if I was based in NZ I would pay CGT as well, I think. I enter and exit positions too often to be judge CGT free.
    Let us not go down that road on the PEB thread.

  5. #17045
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    That's right.

    Even if I was based in NZ I would pay CGT as well, I think. I enter and exit positions too often to be judge CGT free.
    Let us not go down that road on the PEB thread.
    In NZ no one pays Capital Gains tax. If you enter and exit positions frequently you are taxed on "trading profits". Nothing to do with capital gains. NZ does not have a capital gains regime.

  6. #17046
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    In NZ no one pays Capital Gains tax. If you enter and exit positions frequently you are taxed on "trading profits". Nothing to do with capital gains. NZ does not have a capital gains regime.
    You are right,
    Sorry about the mistake in my accounting terminology.

  7. #17047
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post


    Each to their own, I do not care if people invest in this company, it is in the hands of the big guys, I hope the big money continue to support this technology.
    The instos/people stop investing and PEB is history.

    Running out of cash and running out of time.

  8. #17048
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    971

    Default

    No one has given commentary on their wonderful report. Lots of big words and exciting stuff, just no real increase in turnover............ Yet as mentioned by many positive posters including myself when I had rose tinted glasses on ( for years )
    Last edited by Ggcc; 28-06-2019 at 09:04 AM.

  9. #17049
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bolivia.
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    No one has given commentary on their wonderful report. Lots of big words and exciting stuff, just no real increase in turnover............ Yet as mentioned by many positive posters.
    Big words and exciting stuff is what matters! Plus throw in a few glossy pics!

    Increasing turnover......blauuggghhh, who cares for that!

  10. #17050
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    56

    Default

    I see PEB and my few other biotechs (all on the ASX) as speculation, not investing.
    At circa 3% of my portfolio that's OK.
    They will never have traditional growth curves.
    The process is always (at least) twice as long and twice as expensive to get FDA approval (or similar, as in this case ), or commercialisation as you'd expect, even based on the most conservative estimates.
    If PEB completes LCD inclusion and gets full reimbursement for CMS tests done to date, and does a similar amount of CMS tests per year @ USD$760 x 15K = NZD $17M and have a similar amount of business in NZ and other markets per year as they do currently, they'll grow revenue by circa 8X.
    So imagine what the SP would be with that revenue, plus the future potential?
    Investing in PEB is easy.
    Either (a) put in a sum you're willing to risk, forget about it and hope it becomes your winning Lotto ticket eventually.
    Or (b) say you don't accept the risk of this type of firm, so don't invest.
    Or (c) invest, then get angry and anxious like most disappointed investors here.
    There are two good options.....

  11. #17051
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Napier
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigelk View Post
    I see PEB and my few other biotechs (all on the ASX) as speculation, not investing.
    At circa 3% of my portfolio that's OK.
    They will never have traditional growth curves.
    The process is always (at least) twice as long and twice as expensive to get FDA approval (or similar, as in this case ), or commercialisation as you'd expect, even based on the most conservative estimates.
    If PEB completes LCD inclusion and gets full reimbursement for CMS tests done to date, and does a similar amount of CMS tests per year @ USD$760 x 15K = NZD $17M and have a similar amount of business in NZ and other markets per year as they do currently, they'll grow revenue by circa 8X.
    So imagine what the SP would be with that revenue, plus the future potential?
    Investing in PEB is easy.
    Either (a) put in a sum you're willing to risk, forget about it and hope it becomes your winning Lotto ticket eventually.
    Or (b) say you don't accept the risk of this type of firm, so don't invest.
    Or (c) invest, then get angry and anxious like most disappointed investors here.
    There are two good options.....
    Comparing it to lotto is as close as you will get I believe

  12. #17052
    AWOL
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vacation
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Does anyone out there have any idea what this company would be worth if they managed to convince:

    1 person in a hundred in the United States

    of the 800,000 who are being monitored for recurrence of bladder cancer

    have had surgery and after two clear rounds of monitoring cystoscopy that a CXBladder Monitor test would be a heck of a lot more comfortable, time saving, cheaper, just as reliable and could be used over the following 4 years of monitoring as set out in clinical guidelines?

    1 person in a hundred

    Raises the question: "What are the other 99 going to do???"

    Be uncomfortable, waste time and cost more. A lot more.

    Also raises another question: "What is that 1 person in 100 going to do?"

    Going to tell others with the same problem and with the internet it could spread very rapidly.

    And what are the other 99 going to do when they find out??

  13. #17053
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Comparing it to lotto is as close as you will get I believe
    That's an insult to lotto.

    Lotto is totally transparent, punters are kept fully informed and surplus funds are 'donated' to worthy causes.

  14. #17054
    AWOL
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vacation
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    And that is an insult to PEB that is trying to provide better outcomes for people with serious cancer based problems rather than being a vehicle for removing prepaid welfare funds from the gullible and back into the Govt coffers.

    For goodness sake, Balance, keep up.
    We are nearly there.
    Just a few more million should do it.

  15. #17055
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    10,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    And that is an insult to PEB that is trying to provide better outcomes for people with serious cancer based problems rather than being a vehicle for removing prepaid welfare funds from the gullible and back into the Govt coffers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigelk View Post
    Investing in PEB is easy.
    Either (a) put in a sum you're willing to risk, forget about it and hope it becomes your winning Lotto ticket eventually.
    Or (b) say you don't accept the risk of this type of firm, so don't invest.
    Or (c) invest, then get angry and anxious like most disappointed investors here.
    There are two good options.....

    Suggest you take up the lotto analogy with your fellow PEB investor, Nigelk.

    Some of us are too busy making $$$$ with Serko, ATM etc to play with lotto-type stocks!
    Last edited by Balance; 30-06-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •